FINALLY.....stall over!!!

Anita
on 3/8/17 8:01 pm

I got my lazy self back to the gym 5 weeks ago and have been very diligent about getting there 3 or 4 times a week and spending at least an hour....mixing up cardio and resistance.....coming home tired but feeling good about myself. I know that putting on muscle will slow the weight loss down initially because muscle is heavier than fat, so I haven't been discouraged because my clothes tell the tale in that they've gotten looser and I know I'm looking better......but that darn number wasn't moving!!! Well, today I'm suddenly down a pound and a half since yesterday. So I celebrated.....with a big glass of diet peach Snapple....LOL.....I toasted myself since I was alone at the time, but it felt good!!!

Back at the gym tonight....did my second yoga class....I think I like it, but will give it at least 3 more classes to decide if it's really for me. I feel good and I know people love it, so I'm open to it....just want to feel more balanced while doing it....I guess that comes with practice.

Next week or the week after I'm going to one of the other locations for my gym because they have a pool and I want to check out the water aerobics.....or just plain swimming laps....I'm finally not embarrassed to be seen in a bathing suit.

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

Gwen M.
on 3/9/17 4:11 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Yay for yoga! I give things 4 classes before giving up on them - to help me get beyond the "you're uncoordinated and suck" phase, so I like your plan of 5 classes. I never "got" yoga when I did it as a kid, but now I love it. And your balance (and flexibility) WILL improve. It's pretty awesome :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Anita
on 3/9/17 5:51 pm

Thanks Gwen....last week I took it easy and slow, so I wasn't sore afterward....this time I pushed myself pretty hard to do as much as possible (without hurting myself).....so, I'm a little sore today. Next week I'm thinking it will be easier and I may even try to get there for a second class with a different instructor. Who knows....I may end up loving it....right now I'm not sure, but am open to finding out. Thanks for the encouragement.

Cathy H.
on 3/9/17 4:35 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Way to go, Anita!! Stalls are the worst. I'm losing kind of slow right now, not a stall per se, but it's down to not enough exercise, I know that. I have to kick my own a$$ and get into gear. Your dedication is motivating me, I'm gonna try harder!!!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Anita
on 3/9/17 5:52 pm

Cool.....glad I could help you get motivated......funny how just posting about an experience will motivate others here. Keep us posted!

Readyjwc
on 3/9/17 3:03 pm
VSG on 01/05/17

Good for you Anita! It's hard sometimes when the scale doesn't move and you've been doing everything right!

I can't wait to swim. I like to walk but swimming is my thing since I was a kid.

-Jan

Height 5'4 Starting weight: 225 Surgery weight: 216 Goal Weight: 135 Surgery date: 1/23/17 Portsmouth, NH

The little engine that could.....

Anita
on 3/9/17 5:53 pm

I am actually looking forward to it....it's been a year of going out of my comfort zone to accomplish my goals....no more hiding from what needs to be done.

Rachel B.
on 3/9/17 3:19 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

Awesome Anita! You give me the inspiration to push more exercise. I need to go back to yoga...

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Anita
on 3/9/17 5:55 pm

Cool....I'm still not sure yoga is my "thing," but I'm willing to give it my best shot to find out.

Rachel B.
on 3/9/17 6:05 pm - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

If you ever see something called 'Yin Yoga', do it. It's holding poses, like stretching.

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views