Count down is on!

Cynthia W.
on 3/18/17 5:35 am
VSG on 03/22/17

Okay, surgery is Wednesday. March 22nd. When I had to meet with the surgeon this week she asked me if I was nervous at all. I didn't even have to think about that question. I have had so many people ask me that same question and it is always, NOT A BIT! I am beyond ready for this. I have been on the liver shrink for a week, down almost 10 pounds doing it. Of course I have a husband who asked if I can do it without the surgery and lose that weight, why can't I just do it all the time. Well, because as disciplined as I am, I don't have an investment to motivate me to keep on track 100% of the time. This is my tool to help keep me motivated and disciplined. I can't wait. I have prayed about this and was prepared for whatever decision the insurance company made. I was prepared that if they turned me down, then that was the answer that I needed, though I know I would have been disappointed. I want to be able to not have my joints hurt and back pain all the time. I want to fit into regular clothes and not have to keep going up in size. I want to at least look like I fit in with my own family. My sister and I are the same height, though she is in a 0/1 in juniors, my brothers are ALL slim and fit. I can exercise around them all day long and they don't have to do anything to stay how they are. I know I will have extra skin, okay, I can handle that. What I can't handle is doing nothing about it if there is a chance that I can come out better, stronger and healthier than I am.

landy
on 3/18/17 6:03 am

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU!!!!

I'm scheduled for sleeve on May 1. I'm excited also. My husband asks me the same question yours has. I have to say, I am going to 'borrow' what your reply was to him. I've tried to explain it to my husband, but the words have never come out the same way I'm thinking it. And you nailed it!!!!

I wish you the absolute best on your journey.

Miss B

Start weight (1-11-17) 281

Surgery weight (5-1-17) 245

Current weight (6-17-17) 218

VSG on 5-1-17

(deactivated member)
on 3/18/17 8:15 am
VSG on 12/28/16

Good for you! And double good that you're posting. Youi can always look back at those if you start to waver down the road. Your reasons are similar to mine so I can relate. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. I was out the next day and haven't looked back. So happy that I did this and you will be too.

Nura777
on 3/19/17 7:51 am

I wish you the best. But, this surgery doesn't necessarily lead to better quality of life. I developed severe acid reflux post op. I would rather not wear regular clothes and continue to suffer from my knee aches than vomit acid constantly.

Take a look at the RNY forum and see the number of people with questions on revisions.

Again, good luck.

Tapethis
on 3/19/17 7:53 am - Vernon, NJ

Cynthia, great for you!!! I am being sleeved 3/31. I am beyond excited and ready! I am nervous though because that is how I am. Will you please send me an email to let me know how was your experience? What are you drinking? feeling? your thoughts? Its great to go through it will someone. I know people that have had it done but long into it. So for them, they forget all those little important pieces of advice. Thank you and you will do great!!

Veronica

Gwen M.
on 3/19/17 2:41 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Awesome! VSG was the best gift I've ever given myself :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

KingstonBoy
on 3/19/17 3:13 pm
VSG on 04/03/17

Good luck... sending many prayers for a smooth surgery and recovery. I have my surgery on April 3rd - so my VSG friend - I will see on that loser's bench.

Sending much love!!

Shana

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views