Thoughts and more thoughts

Nura777
on 4/12/17 8:33 am

I just realized my beautiful mother is turning 60 in 2 years. I am 32 today.

My thoughts next led me to how my stomach will hold up long term. Can my body produce more and more scar tissue that may lead to stenosis/strictures years down the road? I had one helluva tough stomach, thick snd big! The biggest my doctor (whose an expert) as seen lol. I am hoping the 20% left is as tough and strong.

My surgeon says that this no longer an issue after two years....how does that work? What's magical about two years?

Thinking of those wls no longer done such as vbg, how long term complications became evident over the decades.

I also realized, if I do have children it will only ever be as a wls patient :).

It's a long life but that's no guarantee too :).

Ramblings done.

CC C.
on 4/12/17 8:45 am

Given the amazing medical times we're living in, if for some bizarre reason (that I can't even come up with) you had problems with your stomach in 20 years, by then they could just grow you a new regular sized one in the lab using your own stem cells. There are enough real things to worry about in this life without dreaming up new ones!

Also, do try to reframe how you're thinking of yourself. I stopped being a "wls patient" in my mind as soon as I was on real foods. Patient just sounds like you're sick and being treated for something. Now I'm just a person who had wls at one point in my life.

Nura777
on 4/12/17 9:19 am

That's good point on reframing my view. Here's hoping to new science lol.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views