Sleeved!!

Lakechick
on 6/28/17 5:01 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Sleeved on Monday, feel like I've been run over!!! I've been taking the gas X round the clock and walking as much as I can but i'm soooo bloated, how long before I feel normal ??? Trying my best to get my water in but not really interested in food.

little_a
on 6/28/17 5:08 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

Gas X helps (at least I THINK it did, I'm not really sure) also stretching, like putting your arms out and opening your chest. I felt normal around the end of week 1. However, it depends on a lot. I am "young and healthy" as my Doc said so he told me I'd bounce back fast which I did. Water and protein are key. Also vitamins and nutrients. It was hard for to drink all the time but it's what kept me from being re-admitted for dehydration. I walked a lot in the hospital but once I got home I just hung out and then around the third day home so maybe like 5 days from surgery, I was walking 2 miles really slow with friends. That of course wore me out but it got me up and going. Then one week out I moved back to my house (I was staying with my parents) and walked a little and now 2 weeks out I'm completely normal, eating pureed stage, and working out everyday.

It's about to get so much better, just wait and let your body rest. Make sure to listen to it.

Congrats :)

Best,

A

22 year old college girl. VSG weight - 255 HW - 282 GW - Healthy.

Lakechick
on 6/28/17 5:15 pm
VSG on 06/26/17

Thank you, it helps to hear from someone that's had theirs done not that long ago and feeling better!!!

little_a
on 6/28/17 5:19 pm
VSG on 06/13/17

Yep, it gets so much better. When I moved on to pureed food, I was like well now I am gonna eat and eat and eat. Not the case, I can handle 2oz at a time. I still drink my protein but my Carnations are gone. That is what my NUT told me to do, but I'm sure everyone is different. I set reminders on my FitBit to remind myself to eat, because I have not felt hungry once since I had the surgery. Of course, I have head hungry where my roomies are drunk and ordering pizza and I'm like "I NEED THAT" but then I just write it down in my phone under Foods I Wanna Eat and that's that. Lol. Sounds weird but it works for me.

22 year old college girl. VSG weight - 255 HW - 282 GW - Healthy.

Gwen M.
on 6/28/17 5:33 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

You just had major surgery, give it time :) You'll get there! Just keep sipping and walking :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

redhead65
on 6/28/17 7:01 pm
VSG on 05/19/17

I had my surgery about six weeks ago. It will get better. The first week is the worst. Just follow directions and DO NOT try to rush to purees or solids before your doctor tells you. Walk and sip. That's all you can do.

yvranx42
on 6/29/17 7:42 am
VSG on 02/01/17

Best thing for me was 1) drinking as much water as possible - I know it's not easy but that's the main thing you should focus on right now and 2) walking. You should spring back soon! Hang in there

Most Active