Why it is important to weigh and track-

happyteacher
on 8/6/17 8:49 am

I am 5 years out or so. During the weight loss phase I tracked and weighed portions daily. As I met goal I tracked less, weighed less. I found that I would always slowly work into "portion creep", where I thought I was eating less than I was. If my weight spiked up I would always revert to weighing and measuring for a while to recalibrate of sorts. I am in that mode now.

Found a new recipe that I "thought" would be reasonably protein forward and a nice change of pace. It was a breakfast cake with no sugar, ricotta, yogurt, lots of eggs and I used freshly milled 100% whole wheat flour. I skipped the yummy ass lemon glaze. I actually thought it would be reasonably Ok, so made and ate it first... then entered the recipe on MYP. Mistake. 189 calories and only 9 grams of protein. In maintenance that is Ok and all, but I am looking to shed a couple of pounds so not cool. Even 5 years out it surprises me how much off I can be on my estimates at times!!

Anyone else out there still muck up their estimates? It doesn't happen as frequently anymore, but dang... still happens a lot!

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Kathy S.
on 8/7/17 12:23 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

I did from time to time during my weight loss phase. I would think I got this and sure enough if the scale slowed I would start measuring and realized I was eating more than I thought. Now that I am long term to I do pretty well with knowing the portion size and don't weigh or measure. That being said, it was key to be losing my regain! So the basics work!

Keep up the great work you are doing!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 50 views