ADVICE.... eating while cooking for my family...

Doriam R.
on 9/4/17 9:02 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

So I noticed that I keep tasting the food I am cooking and I am worried because I know myself and I feel is just the beginning of a bad road... Does that happen to you, I dont know how to stay the rest of my life without Carbs... when I think about that it feels like I will not be able to do it...

But I know I am addicted to carbs ... How do you handle this "rest of your life" thing...

FluffyChix
on 9/4/17 9:38 pm

Ok girlie. Look. You know what you are doing. You KNOW that this is a "fix" for you. You know that "tasting" calories are not magic. Bites here and there have impact on our weight! You KNOW that story won't end well. Why are you self-sabotaging? Do the head work hon!!!! Go see a counselor. Please don't waste this new chance.

Cathy H.
on 9/4/17 10:31 pm, edited 9/4/17 3:31 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

What FluffyChix said!

You have to give up the bad carbs, not all carbs. If you weren't working on that prior to surgery, you should have been. You need to get a therapist to help you work on your carb addiction.

There was never a carb addict bigger than I was. For years, I lived on pretty much nothing but pasta, rice, potatoes, chips, junk food and sweets. I literally ate a half pound of pasta at a sitting at least 5 times a week for dinner for that last 3 years I was eating that stuff. Until I was diagnosed with diabetes in 2014 and it scared the hell out of me. I gave up every single thing...cold turkey. It was probably the worst 2 months of my life, but I did it, because I didn't want to die from diabetes. And it started me on the road to surgery. So I know how hard it is...heck, most of us here know how hard it is to give up the bad stuff. Now, not only do I not eat bad carbs, but I am ketogenic and eat 20 net carbs a day. Yeah...the biggest carb queen in the world eats less than 20g of net carbs A DAY.

If you really want to be successful with this surgery, and you really want to lose the weight and be healthy, then you have to do what you need to do to be successful. That means stop worshiping the food that ruined your life, made you miserable, and got you to the point where you felt you had no choice but to permanently change your body in order to be healthy.

Get thee to a therapist, woman! And soon!

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

FluffyChix
on 9/5/17 6:08 am

I you. I could have written this, except, I will "see" your 1/2lb and raise you another 1/4. LOL. Gosh, me=so stupid!

Rachel B.
on 9/5/17 11:53 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

AMEN!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

ItsTimeNow99
on 9/5/17 2:19 am

FluffyChix and Cathy are spot on!!! Where your head is in this journey is just as, if not more, important than the scale. For most of us, carbs have been the enemy all along. At almost 11 months post-op, I still choose to not eat carbs, and if I do, it's a bite. Not dictated, but choice.

You can do this but you make sure you're head is helping all your other efforts, see a therapist. It will make all the difference and truly set your track to success going in the right direction.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Pat

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

Doriam R.
on 9/5/17 7:28 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Thank you girls!!! You are sooooooo right! And I know myself, I do this over and over again! I will find a therapist!!

i have been so busy trying to incorporate exercise ... is not funny... is like work for me to get the time to go to the gym. And make me a priority... and I don't even work outside the house. I take care of my mom who lives with me and is old... and between the house )I am a neat freak?) and my husband and my son it seems I HAVE to make time for me !!!! Thanks for your advice!!

will follow it!!!

FluffyChix
on 9/5/17 7:32 am

You can look up online therapists. There are ones who specialize in bariatrics and do "distance" therapy. The ultimate in convenience!

((hugs)) So glad you will consider looking into this!! Therapists rock! Heck, maybe even Donna (here on the boards) does distance therapy? Isn't she a bariatric counselor?

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/17 5:33 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

I've been looking for this and I can't find it anywhere

Doriam R.
on 9/5/17 9:23 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Who is Donna??

Most Active