Great news!!

Doriam R.
on 10/9/17 6:40 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

I want to share because when I started it was very motivating to read peoples's good news!!! A have a few to share, It has been 3 months since my surgery (almost .. I had it on July 12... removed my lapband and had a VSG). Eventhough the lap band left me with some problems in my esophagus (dilated esophagus to be more precise) and I dont feel as much restriction as a person that had a new Sleeve from scratch. I have gone from 188 to 145!!!

My doctor told me originally that because of my age and my metabolism I was going to get to 160... then I reached and I told myself I wanted to be 145!!! Guess what... I am!!!!!! OMG I am so happy about that... so now I may want to get to 140!! I am 5'4" so I am not waisting away...

I am very happy about this accomplishment however, I am even more exciting about the fact that I have been going to the gym everyday (unbelievable .... for me, is truly just incredible) and I am actually enjoying it!!!

Thank you for all the encouragement I have received here and for being an inspiration for me to keep going!!

PS. If you are considering this surgery!! Go for it, my only regret is not doing it much earlier!

myladybug101
on 10/9/17 6:49 pm, edited 10/9/17 11:49 am
VSG on 05/23/12

This IS very EXCITING! My doctor just said she would definitely support me in my decision to have wls. I am going to go for the VGS if the surgeon thinks it is appropriate. I am 65 years old and so tired of being heavy. I've struggled since age 13. I was going to have the surgery years ago but it never got approved. Thankfully, I now have Medicare and a supplement that will cover the surgery pretty much at a hundred percent. I am waiting to hear back on scheduling and a consultation with the bariatric office. I am so glad that you posted today because it really encouraged me to go ahead and have this done. I am a little concerned because I am somewhat older but I am a young 65! I am so proud of you and hope that I have similar results. Thank you for the encouragement.

Doriam R.
on 10/9/17 7:07 pm - Austin, TX
VSG on 07/12/17

Best of luck!!! I think you have a lot of years in front of you and you will leve them so much fuller and happier!!! Keep us posted!

myladybug101
on 10/9/17 7:09 pm
VSG on 05/23/12

Thank you, Doriam! I will stay in touch.

ItsTimeNow99
on 10/11/17 2:13 am

Myladybug101 - I turned 64 5 months AFTER being sleeved. It was the BEST decision of my life and I only wi**** was available when I was younger. I have no more knee pain, even with minimal cartilage, and met my surgeons goal for me more than a week ago. I have some loose skin (really wish I had my boobs back. ), but to me that is superficial. I'll be ready to retire in another year, and look forward to enjoying it feeling and looking better every day!!

Best of luck!!

Pat

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

myladybug101
on 10/11/17 6:13 am
VSG on 05/23/12

Oh Pat!! First of all, I am soooo proud of you!! Second, I thank you very much for relying to my post. Last night I attended a seminar held by one of the surgeons at U.T. Medical Center here in Knoxville. It was fabulous. My consultation is on 10/27 and I am very excited to say the least! I think I will go for the Sleeve but that remains to be seen. I do not want the band. I am actually excited to lose boob size but, once again, that will depend. I first knew what a training bra was when I bought one for my daughter. As for me, I woke up at 12 years old a full B-cup, which quickly expanded to a D by the time I was 14. Ugh. My doctor asked me which surgery I would pick first - WLS or a breast reduction. No brainer. WLS!!! I would love for us to be buddies so we can continue to support each other. Once again - CONGRATULATIONS!!

ItsTimeNow99
on 10/11/17 8:49 am

Awwww, thanks, myladybug101! It's been a really amazing journey so far. The sleeve surgery was super smooth, and my surgeon repair my hiatal hernia at the same time so I have no issues with reflux or GERD anymore. I had my gallbladder out the year before (2015), so my surgeon just used the same sites (easily located by the light scars), so no additional scars. The first day post-op I had a bit of pain, but the pain pump is a miracle worker. Since we had a 6 hour ride home after discharge the next day, I did take a pain pill when I got home, but then only used extra strength Tylenol after that and only twice. I took 2 weeks leave of absence from work, but could have gone back in less than a week. And it's gotten better and better. With the sleeve there is no issues with mal-absorption, so although you have to take supplements forever - calcium, iron, multivitamin, there is no dumping syndrome, etc. The weight comes off a bit slower with the sleeve, but I think the body adjusts better. You'll love it!!!

Of course, we have to be buddies!! We all need as much support as we can get, especially positive.

Pat

HW -265; SW - 251; CW - 154

Surgery Date- 10/12/2016!!

myladybug101
on 10/11/17 9:11 am
VSG on 05/23/12

That's funny because I have had gallbladder surgery as well, although in the 80's. I am stunned at the lack of pain you had. I don't do very well with narcotics because they are too sedating. Therefore I always cut the lowest dose in half. Ha ha. So I'll be glad to just use Tylenol. I have CHF and a pacemaker which I am told shouldn't be a problem. Borderline diabetic (I am right at the highest number of the "within range). I also take cholesterol meds -269! Sleep apnea as well. I am so looking forward to being able to walk and otherwise exercise!

You have to féel younger and more energetic. Was it difficult for you to begin exercising? How quickly after surgery did you start?

Shannon S.
on 10/9/17 8:02 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Awesome news. Congrats on your achievements!

NYMom222
on 10/9/17 9:30 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Congratulations!

I hate Doctors with their pessimistic predictions....

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active