NY Empire BCBS Insurance approval

Marcbigio
on 11/9/17 7:42 pm
VSG on 12/11/17

I have NY Empire BCBS insurance. It required a 6 month weight loss program. I needed to show a motivated attemp I'm losing weight. The lady at the front desk said that if I lose 10 pounds by the end of the 6 month program I'll be approved. Then my surgeon said that "the only glitch I could see maybe happening is then denying you for gaining weight during the program. But I believe they will approve you because they are pretty relaxed about that" so do you think given the hopefulness of the staff that I'd be approved? And how long should approval take once everything is submitted?

Mirandia
on 11/10/17 12:40 am
VSG on 03/14/17

I lost and then gained weight during my 6 month process and was still approved

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

NYMom222
on 11/11/17 12:39 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Lots of insurances require the same six month program. Show up for your appointments- nutrition, weigh ins, whatever they have you do. I would call my insurance company and ask for a copy of their criteria...

Don't know what your BMI is but some people fall into the snafu if they lose too much weight they might not qualify if the BMI drops. Depends what the company uses as your official weight- start? Time of submission? Day of surgery?

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Most Active