My Story

ReinaS
on 11/18/17 1:51 pm
VSG on 12/05/17

Hello! I'm very new to this group and found it by googling. I hope I can make my own thread to keep myself on track, tell my joys and fears.

My name is Reina, I'm a 26 year old youngster and I will go under gastric sleeve operation 12th of December this year. It took a long time to get approved for the surgery but here I am and I'm excited and can't wait my new life to begin.

I'm 5ft6 and currently weight 247 pounds. I have some time left until my surgery but I have to be on the protein diet for 10 days before the surgery and I though I could eat a bit healthier until the protein diet as well. So I'm starting tomorrow. Trying to eat at least 4 times a day smaller and healthy proportions, lower in carb, more veggies, more water etc.

The thing why I joined and wanted to start my own thread is because it keeps me on track. And I've known a few months now I'm going to the surgery and I started eating much more because "I'm not able to eat this much after the surgery". But.. why am I doing this to myself. The ultimate goal for me is to be in healthy weight and be able to run and be more active. So why put on even more weight before the surgery just because I can't eat that much after VSG. So hopefully I will eat healthier tomorrow than I was today. and yeah! That's it for now, hope this type of threads are allowed and I will keep posting my journey :)

Reina

Shannon S.
on 11/18/17 3:00 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Welcome Reina,

I had a moment where I wanted to eat everything in sight for fear of never being able to have certain foods again. I called it my food funeral. Luckily it was short lived and I was still able to lose a little weight during my supervised nutrition. Just know you will eventually be able to treat yourself again. The foods are not going anywhere, you'll just be taking break from them. I think it's part of our "disease". Food (especially certain food) is a comfort for us, and when we leave it, we actually mourn it. I'm 2 weeks post op, and I'm still coping with the loss of my friend (food). Try not to sabotage yourself, and just know eventually you'll be able to enjoy these same foods in much smaller portions, and in moderation. Best wishes to you, and congrats on your surgery date.

CC C.
on 11/18/17 3:01 pm, edited 11/18/17 7:01 am

Welcome! There is also a blog feature on here you can use that might be easier than a thread. But do ask lots of questions. There's a lot of great advice to be gotten on here.

NYMom222
on 11/18/17 9:07 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Welcome and good luck with your surgery.

There is a blog feature on your profile which is nice as a journal but you won't get a lot of feedback.

If you have a specific question or concerns try using the search function as you might find your question has already been asked.

for accountability many people find it helpful to post in the Daily menu thread. It's also a great place to get to know people.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

ReinaS
on 11/19/17 1:43 am
VSG on 12/05/17

Thank you everybody! This is very exciting for me and I'm going to the surgery with no doubt or concern. I think I've watched all of the videos in youtube, also the failure ones etc. It's not going to be easy, I'm going to make some big changes in my life and the biggest change will be me taking time to east. I have super fast life style but as I'm the boss of myself at work, then taking more breaks for me isn't a issue. It's more in my head that I want to be super productive during the day and make everything happen. I will need to take a little break from this from now on.

It's a new site for me so I didn't know the journal feature but I'm sure going to use it :) But probably will update here somethings as well. Today has started well for me, had a healthy breakfast and during the day I will get rid of the sweets and treats in the house.

JourneyBound
on 11/19/17 5:21 am
VSG on 10/09/17

Welcome! Good uck on your new journey! I had a similar experience to you. I made up my mind I was enjoying my favorites until I could no longer. I was an addict bidding farewell to my best friend. The amazing thing is that I was able to reset my mind as soon as I went in for surgery (& I only had a 2 day pre-op diet). I'm sure I'm in the honeymoon phase just 6 weeks post-op, but my cravings now are for protein, veggies, fruit.

VSG 10/9/17

HW: 294.2 SW: 286.2 CW:174.6

STGW: 170 LTGW:140

Pre-op:-8 M1:-25.4 M2:-16.8 M3:-15.6 M4:-13.8 M5:-5.4 M6:-8.6 M7:-9.2 M8:-5 M9:-5.6 M10:-2.4

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/19/17 10:10 am

Hi. Welcome to the "club".

FYI -because of OH USA date format -month,-day- year, it looks like you listed May 12 2017 as your surgery date. You may want to revise that.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

ReinaS
on 11/19/17 10:42 am
VSG on 12/05/17

Oh! Where can I change it? It doesent allow me to do that in settings

ReinaS
on 11/21/17 1:11 am
VSG on 12/05/17

Huh! So I've been doing good for the past 2 days. No cheatmeals, everything very healthy and very low in carb. No gluten as well. This is my third day to be on a "low-carb" diet and oh my did I feel sick this morning when I had my breakfast. I physically felt sick to my stomach and wanted to throw up lol. I don't know what's happening, it's like one of my favorite meals (fresh salad with 2 oxeye eggs) and I get chills right now just thinking about it. I think I can feel the diet already (I've been on low-carb diet previously in life and the first week was usually the worst, specially 3-7th day). I haven't weighted myself yet but I think I've lost some waterweight because I'm always thirsty. Some say it's the feeling when your body goes into ketosis, which is actually a good thing right. I should start my protein-diet (pre-op) on Friday.

It's a little hard for me not to eat at evening, late at night because I'm used to east treats and snacks. But I think with good power of will I can do this.

Question of the day: HOW MANY OF YOU HAVE FELT REGRET AFTER THE SURGERY? (aka month or two after the surgery)

kelsie_munster
on 11/21/17 10:07 pm
VSG on 10/24/17

Hi,

Congrats on your surgery date :)

I'll be exactly one month out on the 24th and I have no regrets. I've had issues with multivitamin and insomnia and getting in my water... but I'm happy with the weight loss and we all have different challenges. This is your journey and it's good you'e going to keep a thread of what's going on.

I am eternally grateful for my mom who is my backbone and ultimate supporter. She's been helping me in so many ways. Always reminding me to get in my fluids and protein..because I struggle sometimes!

I would say to go on eBay and start buying the tiny 2 and 4 oz containers and other things you'll need, If you haven't already.

Most Active