Opinions needed!

Donna L.
on 12/31/17 1:46 pm - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Technically it's a pastry dough made from wheat flour, actually. The second most common use of phyllo dough is for desserts.

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

Twinmom527
on 12/31/17 8:58 pm

My husband is albanian, and his family makes many dinners with it.

Donna L.
on 1/1/18 11:12 am - Chicago, IL
Revision on 02/19/18

Yeah, they use it a lot in many Mediterranean and middle eastern cuisines for savory dishes, too. Pastry dough can be savory or sweet :)

I follow a ketogenic diet post-op. I also have a diagnosis of binge eating disorder. Feel free to ask me about either!

It is not that we have so little time but that we lose so much...the life we receive is not short but we make it so; we are not ill provided but use what we have wastefully. -- Seneca, On the Shortness of Life

kairosgrammy
on 1/1/18 12:06 pm
RNY on 10/17/17

Yes, phyllo is a bread. Eat the insides of the pie but not the phyllo. I avoid bread but despite the more obvious "doughiness" for the tummy, it is also a simple carb which is not good for anyone much less a WLS patient. Now I will admit to eating 1/3 a very thin slice of bread on Christmas day. It was a bread that my grandmother made and the recipe was brought over from Finland. It is very, very good and a family tradition. I had a small taste and I don't regret it. In the past, I would have had 3 or 4 slices because I had difficulty controlling what I ate and trouble with portion sizes. I was pleased because I could control the amount and felt satisfied. Everything else I ate that was right on point.

Valerie G.
on 1/2/18 10:05 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Phyllo is dough. Dough is bread. Compare it to a pastry - all bad for us.

Phyllo has 85 calories and 15g of carbs in just an ounce.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views