Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Friday, 2/2/2018

Ladyblu
on 2/2/18 4:14 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Friday again. And tomorrow begins a new weekend of possibilities. Which takes us to...

QOTD: What do you do on a "normal" weekend? My husband works at his shop on the weekend so I am left to my own devices. I tend to make a list of chores and knock them off one by one. Unfortunately (or fortunately - depending on how you look at it!) I'm currently unemployed so my weekends are very similar to my weekdays. We do try to do at least one fun family activity like play a game or watch a movie before the end of the weekend. When I was working, those were my "cook for the week" days.

M1: Coffee, PP vanilla, miralax

M2: Egg drop miso w/ steak and shrimp soup

M3: Sous vide Korean beef ribs

M4: Salmon, cream cheese in a whole wheat wrap

M5: Stuffed artichoke

S: Jerky or other protein forward snack if needed

E: Nothing specific.

Water/Vits: on track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

mmsmom
on 2/2/18 4:26 am - Woburn, MA

Happy Friday. Working at home today, which makes me happy. Going to see Love Never Dies tonight - the Phantom of the Opera sequel - which makes me happy!

QOTD: Theater tonight - we bought season tickets this year, very exciting! I'm back to work this week so tomorrow will be house chores - grocery shopping, clean through the house and laundry. I try to get it all done on one of the weekend days so I can enjoy the other. Sunday - just hanging (dog sitting for my daughter) and watching the big game!!

B: 1/2 english with cottage cheese, sprinkled with cinnamon and a slice of cheddar (broiled)...yum

L: idk - i need to shop

D: going out before the show, so IDK - we have no solid plan and a lot will depend on the traffic getting into Boston. I'm hoping for Mexican

E: it's yucky, cold, windy, etc. so doubtful

L/V: expect to be fine

VSG on 04/28/2014

Ladyblu
on 2/2/18 4:39 am, edited 2/1/18 8:39 pm - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

That's right! Sunday is Superbowl! I guess I tucked that nugget of info in the back of my brain since my Jags didn't make it. Yep... that is what I'm doing on Sunday!

Gwen M.
on 2/2/18 6:48 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I tend to plan my grocery shopping to coincide with the start of the game. The store is EMPTY then! :D

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 2/2/18 10:32 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Me too, a perfect day to do it!!

Lalagigi
on 2/2/18 4:43 am
VSG on 10/23/17

QOTD: Chores and errands: laundry, cleaning, shopping, cooking. Add in yard work in warmer weather.

B: 1 egg omelet with cheese and canadian bacon

S: 1 oz jerky

L: 3 oz parmesan crusted chicken breast with a little tomato sauce

S: 1/2 container Oikos greek with 2 oz raspberries

D: Same as lunch - it was delish!

E: Walking if weather permits

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/2/18 4:49 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Happy Friday! Since I am still only a few months post-retirement, I still see Thursday/Friday as days to celebrate the end of the week. I mentioned that to SIL when we went out to dinner last night. She said the same, since she is only 1.5 months after retirement.

QOTD: With the above said, weekends aren't that much different for us now other than trying to take advantage of events going on. This weekend, there is a dance in the lodge tonight, we are going to a craft/art fair in Ft. Myers tomorrow and of course there is Super Bowl watching on Sunday with a friend coming to have dinner and watch with us (to see the Patriots win again hopefully).

1 year, 10 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: leftover grilled chicken and veggies

S: Shrimp

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Gwen M.
on 2/2/18 6:47 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Another busy day of school work for me, but I made great progress yesterday and finished my big paper. So today it's working on my smaller paper. I'm having some weird abdominal muscle pain and opted to sleep in and skip fitness classes today. I think this was the right choice.

QOTD: A normal weekend for me involves the following: running, yoga, a movie or four in the movie theater(s), laundry, meal planning for the week, skyping with my mom, and more school work. I think those are my normal things for the weekend.

1: protein shake
2: migas maybe? The last few days have been weird for lunch since I've been busy and then forget.
3: Braised Pomegranate Short Ribs from Modern Israeli Cuisine - it's served with farrotto (farro turned into risotto), so I'll have a short rib and a bite of the farrotto. It looks like I should allot 3 hours total for cooking, etc, so I should set an alarm so I don't forget that! I do, at least, have the meat thawing and I got the farro soaking last night.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: it'll depend on how my abdomen is feeling, hopefully yoga

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Nknerr
on 2/2/18 7:21 am
VBG on 12/07/17

Happy, happy Friday....

QOTD: What do you do on a "normal" weekend? I work 3 different jobs, so I pretty much work every day. Just don't have to go to my "regular" office to do it. I also go to the local yarn store on a Saturday morning and do the "class" even though we don't necessarily have a "curriculum", it is a chance to sit with the women and talk about our lives while we get something accomplished. Then my hubby and I run errands, if we have them and one evening, either Saturday or Sunday is a "date time", even if it is sitting on the couch watching a football game. (GO EAGLES!!)

Still on the ALL liquid diet, as nothing is "moving". Have to check into the hospital this evening and see what is going on.

E: Nope. Told to refrain until they figure out what the heck is going on with my intestines.

Water/Vits: on track

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

Rachel B.
on 2/2/18 7:57 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

QOTD: My workweek is mind bending, so on the weekend, I do brainless stuff. This weekend, I plan to go to my parents on Saturday to get my puppy and my mothers puppy better acquainted, as next weekend me and my bestie are going to the opening weekend of the AZ Renaissance Festival! I'm also still trying to sell off my pre-weightloss garb to make room for my post weightloss garb, and spent two hours last night hanging up my now 8" decreased corset (growing) collection for the summer. OY!

AM: SF Torani Pumpkin Pie & SF White Chocolate Latte/Cappucino whatever...

B: Red Grapefruit

L: Chicken Breast, cottage cheese and Hummus

S: Yogurt

Post workout S: PP Strawberries & Cream

D: Chicken Breast, cottage cheese and hummus

Scale this morning, I am down 5 pounds from last week!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views