Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, 2/5/2018

(deactivated member)
on 2/5/18 8:03 am
VSG on 03/01/18

Hello All I'm new here, love to read the threads so I know what to eat after my sleeve. My initial surgery date was today but I had to postpone it 6-8 weeks due to carpal tunnel. Anyway the hands are much better so now I can cook! Finally. But I have put on weight eating out & not being able to move much. I wnt putchase a wherlchair in fear of never being able to get out of it. Since just 10 lbs makes a significant level in my pain Im tryin to lose it fast. So I'm hoing to do only shakes today. I dnt have premiere i have the blue & white canister called LEAN.

Has anyone else used this one? I've read my taste will change do I only have Banana & Orange Crush. I also have whey protein in chocolate.

If I didnt need sleep like ever & I had energy - I'd become a doctor.

Kristi T.
on 2/5/18 10:27 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Welcome, glad your hands are better. The menu thread is a wonderful place to find support. Yes, your taste could possibly change after surgery. Most places will allow you to return protein and try a different one. I bought sample packets of different whey powders at Natural Grocers and GNC. I ended up using Premiere Protein ready made and unflavored protein powder in unsweetened almond milk. I have not tried LEAN. Good luck and hope to see you back.

Rachel B.
on 2/5/18 8:44 am - Tucson, AZ
VSG on 08/11/08 with

QOTD: Get a hobby...

AM: Six shot suger free peppermint white mocha

B: red grapefruit & probably more a little later

L: fresh chicken, cottage cheese & hummus

S: Strawberry PP

D: chicken, cottage cheese & hummus

E: treadmill & Upper body

VIts in, water to go

Getting ready for opening weekend of AZ Ren Fest this weekend. Picked out my garb yesterday. I'M SO EXCITED!!!!

"...This one a long time have I watched. All his life has he looked away, to the future, to the horizon. Never his mind on where he was. What he was doing..."

Rachel, PMHNP-BC

HW-271 SW-260 LW(2009)-144 ~ Retread: HW-241 CW-190 GW-150

azmichy
on 2/5/18 9:28 am
VSG on 10/24/17

I can hardly believe it's Monday already! I did good with eating on Super Bowl, but I had two beers and the scale reflected that this morning.

QOTD: As long as I had energy I would probably take up some hobbies, maybe work a 2nd job, solve world peace?

B: coffee w/HH and 1 egg white bite

L: grilled chicken salad

D: TBD husband is going grocery shopping today

S: protein shake and/or 2nd egg white bite

E: trying to get the steps in at work

V/W: Water never an issue it's these damn vitamins I am struggling with. I just don't remember and setting up a reminder doesn't help because I am never at my desk or near the vitamins when it goes off. When I go in for my 6 month I am going to talk to my surgeon about patches?

Lap Band 09/17/2003 HW-276 SW-225 LW-167

Revision to VSG 10/24/17 HW-244 SW-217.8 CW-179.6

Pre-op:0~M1:17~M2: 6.6~M3: 7.8~M4: 6.7

gracegetsgastric
on 2/5/18 10:06 am
VSG on 01/02/18

Nothing too exciting on the docket today, though I am planning to start my job search today. I'm on a project appt right now until the end of June, so it's time to start looking for my next placement.

QOTD: Read more and write more, probably.

M1: Protein Rush! Shake + Cold Brew

M2: Bacon Ranch Tuna Salad + Dill Havarti

M3: 1/2 oz sunflower cinnamon crisps

M4: Crockpot Bourbon Chicken

M5: Protein Banana Pudding

VSG on 1/2/2018!

HW: 354 (May 2017) SW: 319 (DOS, 1/2/2018) CW: 198 (1/22/2019)

My YouTube: Grace Gets Gastric

Kristi T.
on 2/5/18 10:17 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Sounds like you have a good day planned Gwen, enjoy! I never made it to the grocery store yesterday, so that is my definite plan for today.

QOTD-Finish a workbook that I have been trying to get through for the last 2 years, finally use the Body Gym I purchased on QVC before surgery 2 years ago, get through some of my beautiful cookbooks and pick my favorite recipe's, organize a box of photos into a file or albums and catch up on the shows I have on my DVR list:-)

B-1 protein pancake w/SF maple syrup

L-canned chicken with mayo, string cheese

S-Chai tea with cream & stevia

D-TBD

E-Depends on how icy it is today, we got freezing rain last night and snow this morning.

Have a safe and peaceful day!

Erin T.
on 2/5/18 10:30 am
VSG on 01/17/17

I got a really good night of sleep last night, so I am feeling better today. Although my muscles in my hips/legs are sore for some reason.

QOTD: I'd probably waste it reading forum posts and Facebook and watching bad TV. The idea of not getting my solid 8 hours of sleep is scary to me. I go to bed at 10pm and get up at 5:30am and there isn't much deviation.

Food today so far has been a protein shake, yogurt w/ nuts, and a chicken breast. I think my friend is making pasta for dinner so I'll probably end up with another chicken breast instead and there might be a protein bar in there somewhere too.

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

ShirlAus
on 2/5/18 11:46 am
VSG on 06/26/17

Glad you got a better sleep Erin :) Will help with the healing

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/6/18 4:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Your muscles may be sore from sitting, lying, and walking in different positions than usual. I assume you are bent over a bit (I had a TT and was, so I assume LBL would be the same)?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

tlh4life
on 2/5/18 10:34 am
VSG on 04/11/17

QOTD: I would probably pick up a part-time job.

Breakfast: Hard boiled eggs, coffee

Snack: Pita and hummus

Lunch: Chili

Snack: Greek yogurt

Dinner: Shrimp and veggies

Exercise: Circuit workout

Most Active