Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, 2/17/2018

Ladyblu
on 2/17/18 5:23 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Good morning VSG'ers! I hope everyone has a great weekend.

QOTD: Do you have a large extended family or small one or something in between?

I have a small cohesive family. Mom, hubby, me, two nephews and a couple of stepkids and grandkids. I have lots and lots of other blood relatives, most of which have been disowned (IMHO, if family can't treat me better than I expect strangers to, then they have no place in my life).

M1: Coffee, PP banana & cream, miralax

M2: Sous vide pork

M3: Fat free turkey slices and cheese

M4: TBD - Gotta check the fridge

M5: Posole

S: Something protein forward if needed

E: Nothing specific.

Water/Vits: On track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

Erin T.
on 2/17/18 6:04 am
VSG on 01/17/17

Morning! Jon and I had a nice dinner out last night where I had some fantastic grilled broccoli with caramelized onions and cheese curd.

QOTD: I technically have a large extended family, but I don't interact with most of them. On my mother's side, she had 5 siblings but I don't see most of them. My father's side I don't interact with at all. All of my grandparents have passed and Jon and I both lost our Mom's in their 40's. We are close with our siblings (1 brother on his side, and 1 brother and one sister on my side) and I have one cousin I'm close to as well.

13 months post-op/Maintenance/128.5lbs

M1: Coffee, PP, Miralax, HC

M2: Egg, Sausage, Cheese

M3: Grilled Broccoli Leftovers

M4: Burger w/ hot sauce

M5: Yogurt w/ PB

VSG: 1/17/17

5'7" HW: 283 SW: 229 CW: 135-140 GW: 145

Pre-op: 53 M1: 22 M2: 12 M3: 12 M4: 8 M5: 10 M6: 11 M7: 5 M8: 6 M9-M13: 15-ish

LBL/BL w/ Fat Transfer 1/29/18

Gwen M.
on 2/17/18 6:17 am, edited 2/16/18 10:17 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

It is Saturday, yay! I had a productive day yesterday - fitness classes in the morning, allergy shot, and then I finished up my HMGT paper! I haven't submitted it yet, since it's not due until Sunday and I want to look over it with fresh eyes, but it's finished, so yay. Today will be lovely since I have NOTHING scheduled. I'll spend my time working on my big, huge GERO paper, relaxing, and doing my home exercises for my foot. Well, those things and the usual Saturday things like dinner, laundry, etc. It'll be a great day.

QOTD: My dad was an only child and estranged from his abusive parents, so no family there. My mom, however, was one of four and her dad was one of five, and all of her dad's sibling has four or five kids too so... I've got lots of uncles, aunts, and cousins. We used to get together for big family reunions every few years when I was a kid. We had a big family reunion out in Michigan in 2015 - mainly my mom's sibs and their children and grandchildren, but a few of my more extended family members dropped in too. It was pretty amazing :D My mom's side of the family is filled with wonderful people. I don't believe in luck for 99% of life, but when it comes to family, I definitely consider myself extremely lucky. Almost forgot to mention... I also have one brother and nephew.

Art has a large extended family, but we have very little contact with them. His paternal grandpa was a super charismatic Methodist minister and had five wives - they all thought he'd be less devoted to the church when he married them, he wasn't, they'd divorce him. As a result, Art's dad has many brothers in various capacities (half, full, step, etc.). But Art's dad was also military in a pre-internet time and moving around a lot means that Art didn't form many connections to his extended family. He does have a sister, niece, and nephew, but Art's nuclear family was also very cruel to me when we married, and for many years after, so we cut them out of lives for at least a decade. Even though they're in our lives again now, it'll always be tenuous and awkward. Go figure, though, his cousin has become one of my very best friends thanks to the magic of Facebook.

Lance's parents were both only children. He has a brother, sister-in-law, sister, brother-not-in-law, two nieces, and one nephew. But all of his family live in Norway, so even though we love them, we don't see them very often. In a way, this all works out pretty well since, of the three of us, I'm the only one with significant family obligations by choice and by proximity.

Oh yes, and as Erin mentioned in her reply, all of our grandparents are also dead.

1: protein shake
2: seriously considering a second protein shake
3: I have two options - Chinese Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Grilled Chicken Caesar with Bacon-Herb-Parmesan "Croutons" - I need to figure out which one is more complicated and make that one tonight because tomorrow I'll be out for some of the day to see BLACK PANTHER (omg yay!) I think the second one is the one to do, because it requires some hard boiled eggs. I should get those going after I post since my regular supply of HB eggs has been depleted.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: foot exercises plus some yoga to round out my time

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/17/18 6:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is beautiful and sunny as expected in Florida! We are going to the beach this afternoon. A snow storm is coming at home in the Northeast and I'm trying not to s****** too much...

QOTD: My side of the family is very small. I only have one living brother (he has 2 sons), but we never had a relationship with uncles or cousins (but each parent only had one brother and one of them never married). My husband's side is very large (and the big gatherings could be tough on my mother who wasn't used to that). My MIL was one of 11, and DH is one of 5. Many, many cousins.

1 year, 10.5 months post-op

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Tuna salad, pickles and cottage cheese

D: Fish of some sort (out to dinner)

S: Cottage cheese and/or yogurt and/or prosciutto mozzarella stick

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Ladyblu
on 2/17/18 11:21 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Love the new pic! You look wonderful and happy!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/18/18 4:59 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you! I had my hair cut and highlighted so thought I should change it. It is lighter than usual, but I think the stylist did a better job than my one at home. But sticker shock! 25% more than at home, which was much higher than when I lived in central Massachusetts. It was worth it (you can't hide bad hair).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 2/17/18 7:35 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Qotd I have my dad (only child)and step mom, brother, 2 nieces, nephew, 2 step nieces, 1 great niece and 2 step great nieces and step nephew. My mom is passed away , she had 4 siblings and I have 12 cousins that I don't see often now.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and cuties orange

D goulash

S quest protein bar s'more

Have a good day

CC C.
on 2/17/18 10:11 am

Happy Saturday eveybody!

QOTD: My family is microscopic in size. My mom passed away in 2010. I'm an only child as was my mom. My dad has one sister who had 3 kids. I'm their only cousin. I never married or had kids so it's me, my dad, his wife, my aunt and my 3 cousins.

B - coffee, yogurt, berries, grain free granola

L - leftover stir-fry, brown rice

D - beef and mushroom stew

S - hard boiled egg and cheese?

Kristi T.
on 2/17/18 10:35 am, edited 2/17/18 2:36 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning everyone! The weatherman was right, it's snowing and it's snowing hard. I'm going to go out and shovel in a few minutes to stay on top of it. I think it's a good day to do a project indoors, like clean out kitchen cupboards or shampoo the office carpet. I could binge on Netflix and make a soup today instead:-)

QOTD-All of my grandparents have passed as well. I have zero contact with my father's side of the family. He left a large Quaker community when he was 18, I only knew his mother. My mom's side of the family is large(many, many cousins) but I am only close with her two older brother's. My family circle is small, I never had any children so it's really just my younger brother, my mom and my two uncles(only one married, I am close with my aunt). My father and brother live in Denver, the rest of the family live here in Montana. ETA-I forgot to mention my brother's children...I have 3 nieces.

B-Flax, chia and quinoa hot cereal w/walnuts

L-Leftover ground beef made into a taco salad

S-Chai tea w/cream & stevia, 1/2 apple

D-homemade soup Italian bean soup

E-Walk the dog if weather allows

Cathy H.
on 2/17/18 10:55 am, edited 2/17/18 2:56 am
VSG on 10/31/16

Happy Saturday! Sinus infection making me feel like I've been run over by a truck today. Tonight is 3rd dose of antibiotics so hopefully feeling much better tomorrow. Yesterday it was 70F; today...wind chill of 24F and snow lol. No wonder everyone I know has either a cold or sinus infection. Tomorrow high of 55F...schizophrenic midwestern weather!!

QOTD: My parents were both only children, so no aunts, uncles or cousins. I have 3 sisters, but only 3 of us speak and get along, the oldest is persona non grata anymore. Parents are gone, grandparents are gone, and I never was married or had kids, so it's just 2 sisters and BILs, a 2 nieces and 2 nephews, one grandnephew, two grandnieces, and one great-grandnephew and a great-grandniece on the way! My grandparents, however, had large families. We don't really have a relationship with my paternal side of the family (grandpa had 13 siblings), but on my maternal side, still have a close relationship with the families of my maternal grandmother's 14 siblings, so tons of 2nd/3rd/and 4th cousins.

B: Yogurt and peanut butter, coffee w/cream and xylitol

L: Smoked pulled pork and provolone cheese

D: Sausage, egg, and cheese Atkins breakfast meal

Water and vites on track

E: Not today

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Most Active