My daugher had VSG and is 8 months pregnant...Problems with her sleeve??

cabin111
on 2/21/18 9:30 pm

I had RNY 11+ years ago. My daughter had her sleeve done...Got to goal and the doctor said she could get pregnant...She did. She said she feels like the baby is pressing on her sleeve. She can only seem to keep down liquid foods (soup). Please only those of you who have been pregnant post sleeve respond, (unless you REALLY know the answer). Could the baby be pressing on her sleeve? Should she try and eat at different angles? Should she eat on her side?? Do you know?? Have you experienced this issue during your last month of pregnancy?? The baby has not dropped yet...She doesn't need to pee all the time. Brian

Mirandia
on 2/21/18 10:55 pm
VSG on 03/14/17

While I haven't been pregnant post sleeve ... I have been pregnant a few times. When pregnant ALL a woman's internal organs are compressed ... everything from the bladder to the lungs. Having a sleeve isn't really changing anything on that front. Having trouble keeping down solid food also isn't unusual. Since she isn't having a problem eating soup then she should just have soup for awhile. The last month of pregnancy is the worst and there isn't much anyone can do except suffer through.

If you fall down you just have to get back up.

(deactivated member)
on 2/22/18 6:30 pm
VSG on 03/28/17

This is what happens to a woman's organs while pregnant. https://www.msichicago.org/experiment/make-room-for-baby/

It's normal for pregnant women to need to graze on small amounts of food often throughout the day because of the uterus compressing the stomach.

Valerie G.
on 2/25/18 7:07 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It's actually quite normal, and imagine how compressed she's feel with a whole stomach! Not only that, but when it starts pressing hard on the bladder....oh my.

One thing I did when pregnant was guide my baby from the uncomfortable position he'd gotten himself into with a flashlight. I would shine the light right around where I thought his head should be, and he would wiggle as a result, often getting whatever he pressed into or lodged into (like a foot in my ribs) out of the way. I would talk to him as I did so ("hey little guy, you're getting Momma uncomfortable, I'm going to help you wiggle out of the way"),

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active