WHEN DOES HAIR START REGROWTH???

Nknerr
on 3/6/18 12:02 pm
VBG on 12/07/17

I lost quite a bit between the date of surgery and about 2 months out. The loss has calmed down a bit now. But, my question is...why isn't it the hair I try to take off...you know, the part we ladies shave?? Why can't we lose THAT hair instead of what is one our heads??

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

White Dove
on 3/6/18 6:43 pm - Warren, OH

It really depends on where your hair is in its growing cycle. Most people start losing hair at about three months and stop losing hair at about nine months. I was a hair stylist back in the 1970's. They used to give women anesthesia for child birth. They would have the same hair loss cycle after their babies were born.

That does not happen now because women are not put to sleep for childbirth.

One thing that helps is rinsing with water and vinegar. That keeps the scalp PH low which helps the hair to grow in healthier.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

AnnieG522
on 3/6/18 6:49 pm
VSG on 10/05/17
On March 7, 2018 at 2:43 AM Pacific Time, White Dove wrote:

It really depends on where your hair is in its growing cycle. Most people start losing hair at about three months and stop losing hair at about nine months. I was a hair stylist back in the 1970's. They used to give women anesthesia for child birth. They would have the same hair loss cycle after their babies were born.

That does not happen now because women are not put to sleep for childbirth.

One thing that helps is rinsing with water and vinegar. That keeps the scalp PH low which helps the hair to grow in healthier.

I have had 4 c-secs plus 10 other major surgeries over my lifetime, so totally agree some of its the surgery.

I had a second surgery the same day as I had bleeding and they went back in, I had 2 pints of blood and a few extra days in hospital. So between anesthesia, stress, blood loss and what I think is wonderful albeit rapid weight loss, I think losing hair is a small cost for the increase in my health and energy.

I did schedule a haircut for tomorrow!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views