Vertical Sleeve by Dr. Pleatmen 6 days ago

youngmi
on 3/14/18 4:34 pm
Revision on 03/09/08

Thank you Dr. Pleatmen on removing my lap band that had dropped after 12 years and performing the vertical sleeve. I had my surgery 6 days ago home the day after surgery. I am following the guidelines and have dropped 15 pounds. I am 6'1 and was 290 and 59 years young so the liquid diet is happening. My incisions are mending so quick. Over many years of being in hospitals Dr. Pleatmen is the tops and the hospital that I stayed at, more than a 5 star hotel wow, a private room , own nurse, bathroom amazing.

I am grateful that Dr. Pleatmen took the time to listen to my story about the lap band and also showed me the video on how he would remove it. His credentials speak very highly of him, Baylor University, University of Cinnci. This Doctor enjoys his job on helping people and not it in for the bucks like so many other doctors. (doctors who still perform lap bands but fall apart after 12 years)

Researching so many doctors over the 6 months Dr. Pleatmen is top in my books, who also teaches/trains other doctors on how to gastric sleeves. (last count over 900 surgeries)

Again thanks Dr. Pleatmen and the outstanding office staff. These ladies are remarkable Thank you Thank you

(deactivated member)
on 3/16/18 3:50 am
VSG on 03/01/18

Just got home last night, I had the sleeve on Ties early mornjng. I felt so much pain as soon as I woke up. I was screaming-I had 3 babies I neber screamed & gallbladder attacks for well over a year never screamed. Well come to find out my iv was twisted & I wasnt gettin tje meds.

So now I'm sent home with the exact medication I've been on for over a year due to spinal discs herniation. Mist days i need this medicine just to run a bath, feed the dog. Only reason I had surgery was to get back a quality of life.

I was sent home with a script for different pain control after gb surgery, but when 80% of my stomach is cut away & stapled I'm expected to bear this pain I trusted thay I would b kept comfortable, not without any aches but comfy enough where I could sleep & not cry out every time i bend ober or try to get out the bed.

Had I foreseen this kind of pain I would not have had this surgery. And as long as I'm hurting this bad I'm not trying to have shakes or anything, jus****er & tea.

I'm grouchy, restless, and in pain...so forgive my rant. I'm happy ur doing well.

Gwen M.
on 3/16/18 5:20 am
VSG on 03/13/14

You must talk to your surgeon and demand pain management.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active