So much gratitude one week out

Harpediem
on 3/28/18 4:01 pm

Well had my surgery on the 22nd so I'm one week out today. The nurse in the recovery room had no experience with bariatric surgery and that was a surprise. But I finally got up to my room and the real recovery started. I was far more uncomfortable than I expected to be, so my first couple days on hospital were my only buyers remorse time. Then by the time I was discharged it just all turned around and I had almost no pain, and still don't . And that's a surprise too, but a pleasant one. I'm out walking my dogs every day so grateful for this sleeve. I'm astounded at how much energy I have, which is not as much as I had before surgery, but way more than I expected .

because, friends, I've lost a goal of twenty pounds since starting optifast. (Insert excited squeals here)I expected to come home heavier because of all the fluids. But we stayed a couple nights in town at a hotel to be closer to the hospital in case anything went wrong and I guess I was losing those fluids during that time, because when I got home and stepped on the scale with great trepidation, I was three pounds down from surgery Weight.

im getting in a little over a litre and a half of fluids daily including water, premier protein, yogurt with protein powder and today tomatoe soup with protein powder. So today 120 grams protein. Yesterday I moved a scoop of fruit flavoured protein powder with two containers of premier protein and it was like a smoothie and upped my protein.

Fluid is going down easier every day. I can finish a 1ounce medicine cup in three sips now instead of 20, then I wait five minutes to have another one, then I wait 15 minutes to have more and repeat.

Im so excited knowing these pounds I'm losing will never come back because now I have an amazing tool to keep them off.

i feel so grateful for this tool, and just as grateful to all of you who have shared your journeys and asked questions I didn't know to ask,thank you all.

niw I have one question: when I add protein powders to liquid that already has protein, like the drinks, my stomach does not feel totally happy. I get a slight pain high up and I wondered if that's a bit of reflux, or just that the sleeve is still quite swollen and irritated. It goes away after a bit, especially if I have water. I'm also burping quite a bit. Normal?

Pauline

Grim_Traveller
on 3/28/18 4:09 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Great news!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

(deactivated member)
on 3/28/18 6:04 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Could be your sleeve not liking the thicker drink. I find the premade drinks like the shakes are thinner than protein powder and water mixed up. Shakes were easier on me for a long time than powders. I still prefer shakes because it's easier and they usually taste better.

Most Active