What might this pain be?

Harpediem
on 4/6/18 9:52 am

two weeks out from surgery and all has gone well. Saw NP for two week check and she was pleased. Couple days ago I ate too much yogurt and got quite a pain in the top of my stomach which became like reflux and lasted several hours. Now I have a persistent pain st top of my stomach almost all the time. I'm careful now to only eat very small amounts and have drastically reduced the speed I drink my shakes. I had hiatal hernia repair so I wonder if I pulled those stitches. Pain is not severe but persistent and annoying. One got a call into the BP but no call back yet.

anyone else have this after HH repair?

Pauline

NYMom222
on 4/6/18 10:53 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Do you have an incision near there? i ended up with an incisional hernia that was pain right near my sternum, and yes gave me reflux. They kept telling me I was eating too fast. After a year they finally decided to do tests. So jus****ch it.

Hope you heard back and it's nothing.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Harpediem
on 4/6/18 2:01 pm

The pain is right under the incision. NP called back and said it was likely inflammation from eating too much too fast and unless it got worse or I had nausea or vomiting it should clear up on its own with smaller slower portions. She suggested I take Tylenol. I'm finding warmed broth helps. Anything cold hurts.

Most Active