Whatcha eating Today VSGers? Monday, 4/9/2018

Ladyblu
on 4/9/18 5:49 am - Jacksonville, FL
VSG on 09/29/17

Happy Monday everyone. Hope everyone has a great day.

QOTD: Are you a tea drinker? If so, what is your favorite flavor?

I have come to love teas, I have tried almost every flavor I could get my hands on and have found I like different flavors at different times. Chai is great mid day tea. Chamomile (and varients) are wonderful at night. Fruity flavors with stevia also make a nice evening sip in front of the tv. I like tangerine and earl grey as a breakfast tea,

Meal 1: Coffee, PP protein shake

Meal 2: Sous vide Rib Eye steak

Meal 3: LO pork roast

Meal 4: Sous vide ribs finished in the oven, corn on the cob and cole slaw for the family (I will have a smidge)

Snack: protein drink if needed.

Water and Vits: On track

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

VSG with Dr. Wanchick - Sept 29 2017

Age 52 Height 5'2" HW 585 (2012) Initial Consult Weight 522 SW 460 (9/29/2017) CW 350 (4/5/2018) Next Goal 325 Starting BMI 95.5 Current BMI 64.0

Pre-Op: 62 M1: 36 M2: 20 M3: 15 M4: 19 M5: 10 M6: 10 M7: ?

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/18 6:04 am, edited 4/8/18 11:04 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

I was just thinking of posting this, glad someone beat me to it! I've been in a stall still for awhile. Well, stallish. I'm moving OZ at a time but still stuck in 189. Talked to my GP about it, who I have had since I was about six years old and she told me to up my calories for a week to break it. Is that something accurate? She said 100-200 would be fine, but I'm worried the scale will go up instead of down, not making it a good stall break! I eat about 700 on a normal day, sometimes less. Today I am at 850ish in my food to try what she said, but I'm so nervous. I suppose if it really does do the opposite I can just stop doing that.

QOTD: I LOVE tea. Cinnamon tea is great over ice, but I love any sort of tea really. Used to get sweet tea from McDonald's, now I get their unsweetened and add splenda to it to taste.

Breakfast: Nature's Own Wheat + Protein bread with whipped Greek cream cheese and a sunny side up egg over the top of it

Snack: Babybel mini mozzarella

Lunch: Chobani plain with PB2, it's lunch today because the serving size is different. Rather than the little cup, it's the 8oz serving from the larger container. 8oz is a lot even for yogurt, so may split it up a little.

Snack: Quest Birthday Cake bar that I will dunk into hot coffee

Dinner: Tyson grilled chicken

Misc: Premier protein as coffee creamer sometime through the day

Totals: 837 cal, 52 carbs, 105g protein

mmsmom
on 4/9/18 6:23 am - Woburn, MA

At 700 calories, I would just stay the course or up your exercise

VSG on 04/28/2014

(deactivated member)
on 4/9/18 6:45 am
VSG on 01/12/17

My job is very physical, but I DO need to get to the gym on my days off, I'm bad about doing nothing more than walking around the grocery store on my days off. After posting I've been flip flopping on the idea of upping my calories, good news is it's so early in the day its easy to tweak my menu. I did find I liked eating a bit more in the morning compared to sparsely eating. Made me feel a lot more energetic.

MJSpencer
on 4/9/18 6:58 am
VSG on 03/29/18

I think your Dr's reasoning is that your body has gone into a "fast" mode ( built into us to conserve fat from when we used to have famines). By upping the calories it lets your body know that's not happening. If you're worried about doing it all the time maybe try 2 days at higher then 5 at what you normally have. Rinse and repeat and see if that tricks your body out of it's stall

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/9/18 11:02 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I only weighed once a month until maintenance so I never knew when I stalled (intentionally because I knew I would freak out). I never reduced my calories on average, but I would have some high days and low days (averaging to 800 or fewer calories during the weight loss period).

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

mmsmom
on 4/9/18 6:22 am, edited 4/8/18 11:24 pm - Woburn, MA

Good monday morning. It's COLD here - literally in the 20s this morning. I wore my big, heavy squall jacket today and gloves because i want to walk at lunch -ridiculous! the scale is starting to creep up and summer clothes are on the horizon - hahahaha - not with 20 degrees outside, but I'm sure we'll go straight to summer and skip spring entirely

QOTD: I LOVE tea - my favorite is PG Tips black tea with skim milk, but I also like chai with some skim and a splenda!

B: 3/4 thomas lite english muffin with chive cottage cheese

S: cut up celery, peppers, cucumbers

L: thomas lite english with turkey breast, alpine lace cheese and roasted red peppers

D: idk, no kitchen, no sink on the main floor - I cooked yesterday and it was very challenging - had to keep running to another floor if i touched chicken, etc. good for the steps, bad for ease of cooking (without a stove may I add)

S: snack size animal crackers in the afternoon and no sugar added fudgesicles in the pm

E: going to walk at lunch and the dogs after work

L/V: should be fine

VSG on 04/28/2014

tlh4life
on 4/9/18 6:45 am
VSG on 04/11/17

QOTD: I'll drink tea, but I definitely prefer coffee over it. If I drink tea, I typically like iced green tea flavored with raspberry or strawberry.

Breakfast: Hard boiled eggs

Lunch: Zoodles with meat sauce

Dinner: Ground beef/pork with dirty rice and veggies

Snacks: Greek yogurt, rice rolls

Jess Says Yes
on 4/9/18 6:49 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Happy Monday! A busy day ahead for sure.

QOTD: well I used to LOVE to have a big ol' Glass of extra sweet southern sweet tea, but I left that habit behind. I haven't really explored tea much, although I keep intending to. My best friend is obsessed with tea :)

B - Protein shake

l - fage 2% Greek, 1/4 cup chickpea pasta

d - Kobe burger with citrus cilantro coleslaw

e - walk a mile at home video

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

IamevilHomer
on 4/9/18 7:36 am
VSG on 06/01/16

Happy Monday!

QOTD- I was just considering trying tea in the mornings since I recently gave up coffee (concerned it was irritating my sleeve). The good news is my stomach feels much better and I think I am finally over the caffeine withdrawal. I do miss having something warm to sip on in the mornings. Maybe a nice Earl Grey might fit the bill?

B- nothing, I am trying intermittent fasting by not eating from 9pm-11am or noon daily since I am never hungry in the mornings. Hoping that cutting some calories will help me drop this recent regain!

L- 2 Mediterranean chicken skewers

D- Mississippi pot roast

Most Active