HELP the Newbie here Surgery set for June 20th.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/17/18 11:46 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16
  1. Unlike the others I did not have therapy, but I had to get my head in a place where I knew this was what I had to do now and forever. In addition I did EXACTLY what the NUT recommended (and lost 34 pounds pre-op as a result). I read as much as I could about what the future would be like and accepted that my eating habits would change drastically forever (a lot of that reading was on OH). I also hooked up with in-person support groups.
  2. I had one week of a pre-op diet - 2 meals of proteins shakes and 1 lean cuisine type meal (I lost 5 of the pre-op 34 during this week).
  3. I got some samples of a bunch of protein shakes but didn't purchase too many knowing that my tastes might change and I could get them post-op pretty easily.
  4. I stay motivated by weighing every day (in maintenance - every month during weight-loss), tracking all my food always, buying clothes that fit well and I love, treating myself to PS, getting daily support on OH and monthly in-person group support, buying food that I enjoy and fits into my plan.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Shannon S.
on 4/17/18 2:42 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

I did a lot of self talk and some soul searching before my surgery. I also extended my nutrition several times because I felt like if I couldn't lose pre-op I wasn't going to be successful post-op (this is after getting over my initial fear which set me back further). I did a two week liquid. I stocked up with sugar fee popcicles, lots of bottled water, protein drinks, broth, and sugar free jello. It was a very rough period.

I think this forum keeps me motivated. I also started an Instagram to track my progress, and now that's i have a little following I feel this keeps me honest. I literally weigh every day! Some would say this isn't healthy. I say it keeps me focused and aware. I may not like the number everyday, but that is all the reason to keep trying. I also have found that the scale lets me know when I need to cut back on stuff or maybe pick up the pace on the exercise.

You have a lot to be excited for!! This has been a great experience so far for me. Congratulations on your surgery date!

Most Active