Do you ever focus on just fluids?

facetedginger
on 4/27/18 6:03 am

For the last few weeks I've mostly made my fluid goals of 64oz, but there have been several days I was under by about 15 ounces and yesterday I only made it to about half way.

I woke up with my legs cramping and a super dry mouth. I know that I obviously need to go a little over on my fluids today so I'm going to focus on that. Does that happen to anyone else? Do ever feel the need to have a "fluid day?"

I'm also going to switch vitamins this week to a bariatric capsule. The stupid flintstone vitamins they reccomended aren't keeping me balanced and taste horrible lol.

Any other suggestions? I'd like to nip this in the bud rather than get dehydrated and vitamin deprived.

Do you think I should throw in a propel zero or vitamin water zero the next few days? I'm mostly a plain water gal but have those in the pantry.

Ya'll are the best. TIA

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/27/18 7:58 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Good call on changing your vitamins. Flintstones are woefully incomplete! You don't necessarily need to go to a special bariatric type; you can do just fine with a double-dose of Centrum 50+ (or the drugstore equivalent).

I definitely have days when I need to push fluids more than usual! If flavored zero-cal drinks like Propel Zero make it easier to hit your fluid goals, then do it by all means! I often use the single-serve packets of Crystal Light, that makes it a lot easier to get all I need.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

theAntiChick
on 4/27/18 8:53 am - Arlington, TX
VSG on 08/17/16

Early on, I had days where I just wasn't interested in food at all. On those days, I'd focus on my fluids and get a couple of protein shakes in so I'd have some protein. It was never more than a couple of days in a row, so I didn't worry much about it. My surgeon was pretty clear: fluids are the #1 most important thing post-op. Protein is #2. Nothing else is really an issue until much later.

When I had issues with muscle cramping, that was a clue to me that I wasn't getting enough electrolytes even if I was drinking plenty of water. I like the SaltStick capsules the best, as the electrolytes are balanced in them. For minor deficiencies gatorade or the equivalent is fine, but it's really designed for people who sweat out too much fluid, and is not electrolyte balanced for other types of deficiencies. For example, if you are losing too much fluid because of GI issues (stomach bug type of thing) then pedialyte is the best fluid replacement (but of course it tastes horrible).

* 8/16/2017 - ONEDERLAND!! *

HW 306 - SW 297 - GW 175 - Surg VSG with Melanie Hafford on 8/17/2016

My blog at http://www.theantichick.com or follow on Facebook TheAntiChick

Blog Posts - The Easy Way Out // Cheating on Post-Op Diet

CC C.
on 4/27/18 7:59 pm

Remember, 64oz is the MINIMUM. Aim higher! Keep a beverage of any non-caloric variety always in hand all day sipping every few minutes. It's tedious, but you will far exceed that minimum if you start early in the day and sip often.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views