Weight gain after VSG :-(

Jules78
on 5/15/18 7:05 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

Needed this post so much. I'm also dealing with an almost 40 pound regain. I cut the carbs and sugar and upped the protein and water. I'm seeing a difference after 2 weeks. You're not in this alone. You can do this and so can I. ?

youtube channel- silkiilocks

Theduffman27
on 5/15/18 8:10 am
VSG on 11/19/14

You got this Jules! Keep up the diligence...

1. Pre- Surgery/ Type 2 Diabetes, High BP and Cholesterol, treated with 6 medications, including Insulin. Post Op- low dose BP med 2022, Mounjaro 10/2023

HW - 299 , Consult day weight - 277, Day of surgery ( 11/19/2014) - 259,LW - 178, GW - 195, CW- 194.2 - reached goal

Jules78
on 5/15/18 9:04 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

Thanks!

youtube channel- silkiilocks

elleina77
on 5/21/18 9:15 am
VSG on 09/19/17
On May 14, 2018 at 1:59 AM Pacific Time, Xtina90 wrote:

So I had the VSG in 2013, the day of surgery I weighed 268lbs. My lowest weight was 199lbs but I seemed to plateau at about 215lbs. Since then I have gained basically all my weight back. Today I weigh 260lbs. My stomach hasn't stretched. I had that barium test to see if it did and the doctor said she was impressed that my stomach had not stretched at all. I still eat small portions, while I may not eat the healthiest diet, I do not overeat or eat unhealthy food in excess. I can't seem to figure out why I gained all my weight back.

Has anyone experienced this? If so, what did you do? I am also opened to feedback, suggestions, and any opinions on how and why this happened and how I can get back to losing weight again.

I feel like such a failure :-(

It happens to me quiet a bit actually. My surgery date wasn't that long ago but I seem to stair step lose. I'm wondering if there's a specific type of food your eating that is what I started to dub as problem foods. For me anything dairy related will cause me to gain weight no matter how little I eat during the day. If I have a lot of milk products I'm gaining 5lbs that week at the very least. I figured this out simply by accident to be honest, my body just doesn't react well to dairy in general so I have to stick with non processed dairy cheeses and if I want any success in losing weight the only time I can have milk is if I'm cooking with it because again Dairy and my body's make up do not get along what so ever.

Also I've noticed that when I hit a block in my weight loss and I hit a plateau I usually find there's an emotion behind the stalemate and once I have dealt with whatever was holding me back the pounds start to drop again. I've also noticed that sometimes even when I'm showing I'm gaining I'm still losing inches. Also I tend to gain again even after the surgery because I have thyroid issues and when my thyroid goes wonky no diet or weight loss surgery in the world will stop my body from gaining weight. In the short time I've been in Post Op that is one thing I've had to learn to accept as a fact of life for myself. But due to the surgery I don't worry so much about the regains because I get outside and start using Pete and Charlie to walk the regain right back off. I've also noticed that if I stay focused on a high protein diet and stick to mostly fish and chicken as the main part of my meals then my weight fluctuations aren't nearly as bad. I still need to learn more about high protein veggies ect but that will come with time I think. I've been thinking of adding the ketosis diet to my routen even on top of the surgery to help with the weight loss.

Most Active