NSV: My face!

TheWombat
on 6/16/18 7:31 am
VSG on 06/11/18

I wasn't expecting this to happen, and certainly not so soon, but 4 days post-op I realised that almost all of the excess fat in my face is gone. Every time I look in the mirror I'm pleasantly surprised to see a face that looks at least 15 years younger. A very pretty face, if I do say so myself.

I can also see a difference in my arms, abdomen, and legs.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 6/16/18 9:18 am
RNY on 08/05/19

How much have you lost?

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

TheWombat
on 6/16/18 9:51 am
VSG on 06/11/18

That's the thing, the scale hasn't moved. But (TMI Warning) I haven't pooped since surgery and I feel like I'm retaining a bit of water. I'm sure the weight loss will come soon.

B. Jones
on 6/16/18 9:53 am

Congrats on the surgery, you'll do well. The sleeve is a good choice if I say so myself.

This might sound weird "BUT" you'll probably lose most of your excess fat in your extremities first, before your stomach. Which is the opposite of what you think would happen.

My sister was sleeved 4 months ago and before surgery they did a Body Composition scan https://inbodyusa.com/general/result-sheet-interpretation/ If you want to see what I'm mentioning here. I did one about the same time as her (I'm trying to lose weight I've regained) we've since done a follow-up 3 months later. We lost similar amounts of weight, but we both lost most of the weight in our arms and legs and only a few pounds (sorry Kilos ;) in the Trunk area as it's listed. Really weird but the nurse doing the scan said that's how most people lose their weight, especially the higher BMI patients in the beginning, before it really comes off later in the stomach. Our local GNC here in the states has this machine to do a scan, maybe they have one in Ireland you can find somewhere. I find it interesting and a helpful tool to keep me motivated.

Glad your excited, the next year is gonna be fun for ya :)

CJ On Orcas
on 6/16/18 5:23 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

Impressive! You should post some before/now pics... those are always so inspiring to people who are not yet on the road... I know that I took a lot of them.

Most Active