Years After VSG On Ketogenic Diet Questions

Mindy325
on 8/14/18 2:21 pm
VSG on 06/26/18
  • Hi. I was wondering if any of you guys that are years out from VSG and following a ketogenic diet experience hunger and if that led to an increased volume of food consumed. I know ketosis usually kept my appetite down before my sleeve, but I couldn't sustain that way of eating due to intense cravings that were too powerful to ignore. Does the sleeve help with hunger and cravings years out? Do you find that you need more volume to satisfy the hunger, or does the ketosis counteract the problem of being able to tolerate more food? In other words, did you just not feel the need to keep eating even though you could? Thanks in advance.
GrammySusan
on 8/14/18 3:16 pm

Hi Mindy, forgive me for butting in but maybe this info can help: I am not yet sleeved and i don't know the answer to your question but when i last saw my psychiatrist she said she wished more doctors would prescribe Low Dose Naltrexone for food cravings. I am in a bariatric program and following their diet, i told my dr how difficult food cravings were and she prescribed it for me. I have been on it a few months and am losing a pound per week which I could never do before. Hope it helps others, too.

Mindy325
on 8/14/18 4:12 pm
VSG on 06/26/18

Really? I hadn't heard of that. I'll ask my doc. Thanks!

jacreasy
on 8/27/18 1:26 pm, edited 8/27/18 6:26 am
VSG on 04/23/12

Contrave is better and you can also try phentermine they both work well just like anything else thou you have to have some self control. 6 years out I take Contrave it works but there is always the thought in my head hmm do I want that bc Im bored and it taste good...

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 8/15/18 6:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I just looked up Naltrexone and it looks like it is primarily used for alcohol or opioid addictions, but can also help with food cravings (and gambling addiction). Interesting...

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active