WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGRS? Thursday, Sep 13 2018

AnnieG522
on 9/13/18 3:51 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Waiting on news of Hurricane Florence here in NC....we have family and friends (and property) all along the coast. Like watching a train heading your way while you are tied to the tracks! We will only get heavy winds and rains (and power outages) up where we are; my children are further east.

QOTD: In an emergency situation, how are you prepared with what you need to maintain your healthy sleeve eating and what tips can we share?

I've done all the prep they suggested - clean house, batteries charged, laundry caught up, garbage out. Meds filled, and prayers offered. Been a busy few days trying to organize. We won't do water until Friday. We were supposed to close on the sale of our condo in Myrtle Beach on Monday - it's moved till Thursday and we're hoping the date is all that moved, lol!

B: Premier protein w/coffee (lots of coffee)

B1: Thin sliced turkey, lite baby Swiss & cottage cheese

L: Depends on when class is over and where I am

S: Air popped popcorn

D: 1 corn tortilla, fat free refried beans w/low fat colby

S: Oikos Greek Yogurt (key lime, yum)

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

mmsmom
on 9/13/18 4:16 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. It's another dreary day here - I don't think this is related to the storm.

QOTD: Honestly, I'm never prepared because it seems like nothing ever happens where I live. We get a hurricane every few years but I'm far enough from the coast that it doesn't impact us - and my house is at the top of my street, so we have never gotten water. We rarely lose power - we are indeed lucky! Sorry, I'm no help on this QOTD.

B: egg, english

L: salad maybe from salad bar

D: still haven't eaten the leftover roast beef - so that!

E: walk if it isn't raining

L/V: should be fine

VSG on 04/28/2014

PCBR
on 9/13/18 6:11 am

Gosh, Annie. Sounds stressful. Still, sounds like you have done all you can. Hoping the storm loses some oomph and that everyone stays dry and safe.

QOTD: WOW! Great question. I'm not. We have earthquakes here and the supplies in my closet need a refresh. I did just buy a family-sized Lifewater filter (if it all hits the fan, it allows you to drink from unclean water sources). I have small emergency kits in my car that include a day of rations. But I do not have anything specifically post op friendly. The emergency rations that we have in our closet include bars with REALLY high carbs and calories (for their purpose, you need bang for the buck--as in one bar has enough calories for a day). If we had to go on the run and I could access my fridge, I could grab some premier proteins.

Mat over 3 months out (and a week stalled :/)

coffee w half a scoop of choc isopure and half vanilla

S- Not sure. Been trying skyrr, but now yogurt seems like a slider too. I've been getting hungry at work.

L - sounds weird, but I'll being some breakfast sausage links

D - ??

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

hollykim
on 9/14/18 7:49 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On September 13, 2018 at 1:11 PM Pacific Time, PCBR wrote:

Gosh, Annie. Sounds stressful. Still, sounds like you have done all you can. Hoping the storm loses some oomph and that everyone stays dry and safe.

QOTD: WOW! Great question. I'm not. We have earthquakes here and the supplies in my closet need a refresh. I did just buy a family-sized Lifewater filter (if it all hits the fan, it allows you to drink from unclean water sources). I have small emergency kits in my car that include a day of rations. But I do not have anything specifically post op friendly. The emergency rations that we have in our closet include bars with REALLY high carbs and calories (for their purpose, you need bang for the buck--as in one bar has enough calories for a day). If we had to go on the run and I could access my fridge, I could grab some premier proteins.

Mat over 3 months out (and a week stalled :/)

coffee w half a scoop of choc isopure and half vanilla

S- Not sure. Been trying skyrr, but now yogurt seems like a slider too. I've been getting hungry at work.

L - sounds weird, but I'll being some breakfast sausage links

D - ??

ready to drink premier protein is shelf stable,if you are talking about those.

PCBR
on 9/14/18 3:20 pm

Yes. I'm talking about those. But I keep them in the fridge.

HW: 260 - SW: 250

GW (Surgeon): 170 - GW (Me): 150

Jess Says Yes
on 9/13/18 7:41 am, edited 9/13/18 12:41 am
VSG on 10/24/17

Good morning all. Annie we're down here in the midlands of South Carolina waiting as well. The kids have been out of school all week during the preparation, and all of my detention facilities are locked down so I can't do any of my programming. The storm has weakened some, but they're still saying it could be a monster. We'll have to wait-and-see.

QOTD: we have tons of water, staple pantry, flashlights with fresh batteries, and we have flood barricades for our sunroom which will flood first and easily if the waters rise. Even though we're not too worried about the life-threatening aspects of the storm this far inland, we are going to stay with friends upstate tomorrow so we don't have to deal with the flooding and power outages and risks of anything worse. This will keep us from being stuck in our house for 48 to 72 hours.

B - coffee & protein

L - kielbasa & bell peppers

D - beef stew

E - body weight exercises and home weights

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

Gwen M.
on 9/13/18 10:08 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I got out to the gym today for my last real run prior to my half marathon on Sunday. I'll be doing a mile warmup run on Saturday, but that doesn't really count. My plans for today, now that I'm back home and stretched and everything, are to work on school since I've been pretty distracted recently with other things. My post for the day is "fix Medicare/Medicaid." Last week I had to fix Social Security :P

QOTD: I've always got protein bars for worst case, and lots of water. Beyond that? I got nothing.

1: protein shake
2: leftover roast beef
3: leftover brisket

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running, yoga for stretching

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MissCheri18
on 9/13/18 12:08 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Hi All!

Hope all of you in the path or Florence keep safe!

QOTD: In an emergency situation, how are you prepared with what you need to maintain your healthy sleeve eating and what tips can we share? Having been in way too many hurricanes now.. We make sure to have the emergency stuff out and checked at the beginning of hurricane season; this is batteries, radios that run on batteries and crank, all important papers are ready to grab and go including all the pets' records! We have bottled water. We have pet food and our food, things that open and can be served without heating and stored without ice AND make sure to have a manual can opener! We also make sure to have fuel for the BBQ grill so we can cook up anything thawing. We have cats, we use a small dog kennel with a nice soft pad in it to transport them, we make sure to put that in the car as soon as the storm is close, they hate to be in cat carriers so these cages work perfect for them, we also hook them into their harnesses and are ready to leash them to transport them in and out the last thing we want is for them to jump and run, we use disposable tin pans for their liter boxes when not at home, so we make sure to have those and garbage bags in the car ready also. We also get a plan of where to go and make sure our family that is in safe zones know. We fill up on gas very early in the warnings otherwise you risk gas shortages and keep the tank full AND probably one of the most important thing is CASH!

Week 11

Water, water, water!

M1: SF Pumpkin Spice Protein Coffee

M2: Coffee, Egg and Bacon

M3:

M4: Cottage Cheese, pineapple tidbits

M5: Citrus Basil Grilled Chicken w/sm. Basic salad

Daily Snacks: String Cheese

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri