Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Saturday, October 6, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/6/18 6:09 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is definitely a Fall Saturday here: A sunny, cool, crisp day - the air is super clear. I like it, but will enjoy returning to the warmth in Florida in a month.

My SIL is visiting and it is my other SILs birthday this weekend, so we have activities going on. Today I think we are going further "down Cape" to poke around. I am enjoying having some social interaction not centered around Alzheimer's.

QOTD: What's your favorite breakfast cereal? If I had to choose, it would probably be granola, though I rarely eat cereal anymore. I really love my eggs and cottage cheese because it fills me up so much! I used to love Raisin Bran and ate that for years.

2.5 Years post-op (maintaining below goal for 22 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: Crabcake (if home)

S: homemade cottage cheese with torani syrup

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 10/6/18 7:17 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Its another rainy day here in Michigan. Going to a women's craft day at church. Will be painting and making laundry detergent. It should be fun.

Qotd Raisin Bran but I don't eat cereal anymore unless it's oatmeal.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L not sure what people are bringing.

D pork ribeye and carrots

Have a good day

facetedginger
on 10/6/18 8:16 am

It was fall all week here, but it heated back up yesterday and today which we always have this time of year. It's referred to as "Indian Summer." I'm not sure if that's a thing everywhere but definitely our last little bit of summer every year signaling the leaves will change very soon.

Our Pumpkin Festival started Thursday and I'm looking forward to going tomorrow since I'm working an extra shift today. I work in a hospital and have picked up strep throat but it's not as painful now as I remember it being last time but looking forward to resting this evening.

QOTD: Honey bunches of oats with almonds, although I don't eat it any more.

B: Coffee

L: Chicken Tenders

D: Probably Chicken Tenders again since my hubby is out of town

S: GNC Leanshake Shamrock

Jess Says Yes
on 10/6/18 8:58 am, edited 10/6/18 1:58 am
VSG on 10/24/17

's in the 90s here today, dreaming of autumn! At least the lows are falling a bit.

Heading over to a friends later for a bbq. Looking forward to it!

QOTD: I always like cracklin oat bran and honey bunches of ohs. Both are sweet and super crunchy. I haven't had cereal since surgery.

B - coffee & protein

L - black beans and spinach

S - protein shake

D - cheeseburger and citrus slaw

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/18 12:44 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Good afternoon. I am not happy about being awake. My sleep is severely in a deficit lately and it is starting to hit me. Beneath my eyes look like I've been punched directly in my sockets! Even my sleeping pill isn't keeping me down at the full dose I have. After this weekend, I'm going to spend the week just resting. There are things I have to do still, a class, helping my friend, but other than that and the gym it's going to be "Mersh does nothing" week.

I hope you enjoy your day out, Liz. I know how tired you must get taking care of your husband. You're an incredible and strong person, so enjoy your time with your inlaws.

QOTD: I haven't had a bowl of cereal in quite some time, but my favorite was always Captain Crunch with Crunch berries.

Breakfast - Chicken taco with fajita veggies, guacamole, cheese sauce

Lunch - Chicken club salad with Italian dressing

Dinner - Half a salami sandwich with cheese and hot mustard

Snacks - Chobani plain with crunchy PB, half an apple

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/6/18 1:52 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Funny how few of us eat cereal anymore other than possibly oatmeal.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 10/6/18 11:59 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Seeing how little an actual serving of cereal is is too depressing.

MissCheri18
on 10/6/18 2:45 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Since the temps here in my part of Florida have cooled into the 80's my sister agreed we go to the beach today so I can work on my tan...God had other plans and said let there be rain...guess we'll have rain for a good part of a week maybe even 10 days! Oh well we need the rain.

QOTD: I no longer eat any kind of cereal at least not yet, not even oatmeal BUT when I did it was Raisin Bran or Foot Loops and for some crazy reason I loved Corn Flakes! LOL

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Most Active