The Woman in the Glass

MissCheri18
on 10/6/18 3:07 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

As most of you know, we always see ourselves as who we were (size wise) especially in the beginning. I have caught sight of me often in mirrors and mainly in store glass (doors etc.) and even though I have lost weight, even given away tons of clothes that got way too big even in this short amount of time, I have been very disappointed when I've caught my reflection.

Today I saw a woman in the glass when going into a store and I stopped dead in my tracks... that woman was ME and I saw a change, nowhere near where I am headed but dang I look so much better! I was not ashamed, nor disappointed in myself. I thought that old lady ain't bad, not bad at all.

So, I had my sister take my picture today, the one in blue pants was Oct 2017, brown today! Like I said I have a long way to goal but I'm getting there!

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Ready2goNOW
on 10/6/18 4:43 pm

I am 3 years out this month. Lost 125...regained 40. Due to the regain I feel like I look like I did at my highest weight although I am far from it.

Funny how we cannot see ourselves smaller. I STILL have that issue. Nothing has really changed it: counseling, side by side pictures or wearing smaller clothes!

Still, I'd rather view myself as bigger than I am rather than the opposite.

Kathy

MissCheri18
on 10/8/18 8:07 am - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

Thank you for replying to my post...

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Most Active