Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Wednesday 10/17/18

AnnieG522
on 10/17/18 1:29 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Another very early morning! After all these years of retirement, I still am "early to bed early to rise" and DH is late to bed, late to rise. And the dogs stay with him!

I do enjoy the meditation time with my coffee. I get most of my studying in before the world is up and about. I can (and do) stay up late with my adult children home, but then again, they all have his internal clock!

QOTD: The next months are holidays to most of our world. What's your favorite personal tradition, either past or present, or both?

B: Premier protein shake with lots of coffee

S: Cottage cheese

L: Chobani greek yogurt

S: Peanut butter spoon

D: Something high protein

We have an "adopted" family member coming from Spain this evening, so that will be grand. Lucio is like our son. Some years, his wife and 3 (now grown) kids come with him. Always a wonderful time. And having a love place to stay with them on the coast of Spain is nice, too!

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 10/17/18 1:34 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: The next months are holidays to most of our world. What's your favorite personal tradition, either past or present, or both? It has always been Thanksgiving -- love all the cooking, although we don't do the turkey thing. I like the art of having 3 people in a galley kitchen turning out a huge meal. I love the time talking with my girls and learning their new cooking tips and sharing our old ones. And we always have "extra" guests. This year it will be Dr. M. Angela Diaz from Utah.

That said, we still dress up at Halloween, have a fire pit in the driveway and greet the trick or treaters there, along with neighbors and usually some good wine or beer. And Christmas, while Jim & I celebrate all through Advent up until Epiphany, the grown kids all come in and out of town at different times, and none are church goers. Our tradition the past five years is Jim's fabulous 5 gallon homemade chili with fixin's, and then the Weird Present gifting. Can't spend over $8 and it has to be as weird as possible. It takes us from one year to the next to find just the "wrong" thing :)

Yes, we are a bit different than some families, but it works for us! We have 3 sons, 3 daughters, 1 DIL, 1 SIL, and 5 grandchildren....and always my ex and his girlfriend, sometimes Jim's ex and her husband.

Did I mention sharing a kitchen with 5 dogs when everyone is home?

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

(deactivated member)
on 10/17/18 4:11 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Heya, Annie and menu crew. Hope your Wednesday starts and ends well today :)

I am going to see a friend later in the morning, then going to the gym. I am not sure of my plans after that, I still want to see Venom, I didn't get to Monday evening, so I may plan for that tonight, or maybe I'll do something more active. Have been feeling restless sitting around.

I did get the sister cat to Emma, after seeing her Opal seemed to fit her so well. She's scrawnier than Emma and the two have been running around playing. Emma seems to play a little rough though.

QOTD: Last year we started the tradition of actually decorating for Christmas. My grandmother and I sort of just muddled by through life, didn't do much of anything festive. I also began my Hallmark Ornament collection, which is both new to have ornaments, and also to even put up a tree. I bought myself one, and then my grandmother picked one out and I bought her one. So this year we will do the same! Going to Hallmark today, actually, so might pick mine out and pick it up.

yvonnef1964
on 10/17/18 4:32 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Beautiful kitties

Jess Says Yes
on 10/17/18 10:11 am
VSG on 10/24/17

So cute! And I love the name Opal.

Jess

To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all. - Oscar Wilde

Pre-op:-32 M1-26 M2-11 M3-13 M4-10 M5-13 M6-8 M7-12 M8-7 M9-7 M10-0 M11-11

yvonnef1964
on 10/17/18 4:31 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

I have a doctors appointment this morning for a checkup. Last night I got called into work after my appointment. Someone called in. I know they're lots of babies today.

Took Misty to the vet yesterday. They gave her a clean bill of health. She weighs 1.4 pounds. Tiny thing.

Qotd the holidays now are not the same since my grandma and my mom passed away. When I was little we would go to my grandmas house and all my aunts and uncles and cousins would get together on thanksgiving and Christmas Eve.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D pork loin roast and carrots

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/17/18 5:22 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Wow, Misty is tiny! I'm glad she had a good Vet appointment.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/17/18 5:36 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good morning! It is only two days until our 10 day trip to Oregon and Colorado, so I need to get serious about packing! I did make my packing list, which is the most important item in many ways. This will be a complex packing as we have a wedding to attend in Colorado so we need dress clothes for that.

QOTD: This is tough as holidays changed a lot after our kids got older and then we moved. Thanksgiving was never a big deal for us and was different every year. This will be the third year we are spending it in Florida probably with friends. For 20+ years we hosted Christmas which we loved. We would open gifts with the kids in the early morning, my mother (when alive) would come for Brunch, then mid-afternoon DH's Family would arrive for gifts and Christmas dinner. There would be 15-20 at the dinner tables set up in our family room. We had two trees in those days, one in the living room and one in the family room. Our day was long, boisterous and wonderful. Now on Christmas Day we go to SIL's home and it is very quiet, with only a few coming for dinner. We did go to DS Birthmom's home on Christmas Eve last year for her annual party which was loud, busy and fun, so I hope to do that again this year. DS has attended every year since his adoption was opened 13 years ago and we would also be invited but couldn't make it previously because we had other obligations (including spending time with my MIL in assisted living the last few years until she died in early 2017).

2 Years 6.5 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 22.5 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken

D: Leftover crab

S: yogurt

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

MissCheri18
on 10/17/18 1:19 pm - Daytona Beach, FL
VSG on 06/25/18

What area in Oregon are you going to Liz? I spent most of my childhood all over that state! My first adult type job was at the Chamber of Commerce in Ashland lol.

5' 2". 60-year-old (at time of surgery)

HW 239.9, SW 223

GW (Surgeon) 150, GW (Mine) 135

Cheri

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 10/17/18 1:38 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

We will be in Portland visiting my BIL and SIL. They have lived there for many years. My mother grew up in Portland as well (and my grandmother and uncle are buried there)

Most Active