Cravings

CatLady3401
on 10/21/18 4:57 pm
VSG on 09/26/18

Cant get the thought of pizza and beer out of my head. I know neither would feel good to my 3 weeks post op body, and the craving is probably more about anxiety than food, and I've made a lifelong commitment to this new lifestyle, but the thoughts are lodged in my head.

Maybe if I have some tomato soup that will help with my pizza sauce fixation.

HW 382, SW 325, GW 165

SD 9/26/2018

pescetarian

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/18 8:55 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Pizza was a big craving for me early on. Once in awhile now I get the bug and have had some, but I've found it's not as good as I remember it to be. There are tons of ways to make pizza alternatives when you're ready for it though! I like pizza made in a mushroom cap, or on a tortilla, or something similar. Cauliflower crust pizza doesn't do it for me though, I can never get into the taste of it. Some say it tastes the same, but I can definitely tell.

I have made rituals for when I get cravings. Often times I feel cravings come on when I have nothing else going on. So, if I am sitting at my desk my ritual is a warm cup of tea, or coffee with a bit of creamer. The warmth makes me feel good and my mind and hands are busy. Though, I won't lie, I've definitely caves to cravings once or twice!

CatLady3401
on 10/21/18 8:58 pm
VSG on 09/26/18

Thanks Mershmellow! I think mostly I'm craving the spicy sweet sauce, so I'm sure there are ways I could satisfy that!

HW 382, SW 325, GW 165

SD 9/26/2018

pescetarian

(deactivated member)
on 10/21/18 9:03 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

You could bake some cheese to make crisps and dip it in pizza sauce. Early on I was craving flaming hot cheetos (my favorite junk food of all time and one I will try very hard to never introduce back into my life), so I found some jalapeno hummus, and it did the trick.

Chanelcamp26
on 10/22/18 10:32 am
VSG on 07/24/18

At that early out, try warm ricotta and marinara sauce. It's not pizza but it kinda gives that flavor profile.

Ive had cauliflower pizza now that I'm further out but found it isn't worth it. I'd rather eat straight protein because I can't eat much as it is and found it was wasted calories and not many nutrients.

Cravings are the worst but I'm realizing just how much our brain tells us we are hungry when we aren't. I drink water or tea and poof... hunger gone.

mmsmom
on 10/22/18 12:52 pm - Woburn, MA

I also was going to say ricotta with sauce - it is easy to eat and may satisfy your cravings. Enjoy and savor every taste

VSG on 04/28/2014

Most Active