Still restriction 11 years out

Ms Shell
on 10/23/18 2:26 pm - Hawthorne, CA

Hey guys,

I'm an oldie but goodie to these here parts who has regained about 55lbs and have started the "yo-yo" phenomenia most are familiar with from PRE WLS. Anyway I can eat just about anything, within reason and I'm no where near as restricted as I'd say the first 2 years nor the first 5 days.

That said I'm back in the game post #OH2018. Now because my restriction isn't where it used to be I beefed up my lunch a little bit because I don't like feeling HUNGRY. It was about a total of 15oz...to those who jaw dropped pick it up cause YES "I" can eat about 16oz of food EASILY. I actually stopped measuring awhile ago. Anyway I'm pleased to report that my sleeve only allowed me to eat about 12oz today. I'm a little upset because my meals was 8oz veggie, 2oz rice, 5oz fish and I left the fish for last to savor.

It's a good thing I love leftovers and this is a reminder that IF I'm going to get back in the game I really should start measuring my portions again.

Lovingly
Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

ljbarbara
on 10/23/18 5:09 pm

Great to see you back Ms Shell! Every February I think of Shellurary and you!

It's easy to stop measuring when we are this far out, but its just one of those necessary evils. On any one of my million and one diets I was on before WLS I never ever weighed and measured. Post surgery, I've been faithful with weighing and measuring and this is the first time I've lost and maintained.

I know you will have continued success. I'm pulling for you!

Original surgery: VSG Feb. 2009

REVISED TO RNY FEBRUARY 2016

Height: 5'7"

Start weight: 252. Current weight: 120

Cathy H.
on 10/23/18 5:24 pm
VSG on 10/31/16

It's good to know you're restriction is still there, but I think if you eat your protein first (you should always eat the protein first), it will fill you up quicker. It will also stay with you longer, and keep you from eating too much. Protein forward is always the best way to go! (And that isn't my keto talking...that's the general consensus for all WLS eating.)

Livin' La KETO Loca!!
134 lbs lost since surgery, 195 overall!! Initial goal reached 9/15/17, (10.5 months)!
5'3", SW*: 299 GW: 175 HW 3/2015: 360 PSW* 5/2016: 330 *PSW=Prog Start Wt; SW=Surgery Wt

M1 -31, M2 -10, M3 -15, M4 -16, M5 -8, M6 -6, M7 -11, M8 -8, M9 -8, M10 -4, M10.5 -7 GOAL

Ms Shell
on 10/23/18 6:16 pm - Hawthorne, CA

ahhhh yeeeeeeeessssss the WLS rules. After 11 years I've forgotten. Today ws a reminder and so wased your comment.

Thank you.

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

chanteuse1
on 10/24/18 5:03 am - LA
VSG on 09/05/12

I just want to thank you for posting, Ms. Shell. I am six years out, and have regained 30+ pounds, but I'm ready to get my head back in the game.....and THAT is really what it takes. Best of luck!

Julie

Ms Shell
on 10/24/18 9:11 am - Hawthorne, CA

Thanks Julie it really is a head game...le sigh

Ms.Ronnie
on 10/26/18 9:13 am, edited 10/26/18 2:13 am - Brooklyn, NY

Hey again yall...Ms. Ronnie here ;-) I?m also some years out from my 8/10/09 WLS and the struggle is real. I?ve stuck by portion control and it?s working for my good. I still struggle with my head trying to tell me to eat more, but I honestly cannot. Since weighing in at 238 lbs as of January 2018, I?m now 3 pounds from ONE-DER-LAND and plateaued for 2 agonizing weeks! One thing for sure is that I?m riding this journey out to reach AND maintain my goal...180, I think? Yall keep the faith and trust the process 'cause the promise at the end is real! Sending love.

Ms Shell
on 10/29/18 9:09 am - Hawthorne, CA

The love was received!! Thank you for sharing!

Valerie G.
on 10/26/18 11:42 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

Truth - the stomach stretches...but luckily never to the size it started - nowhere close! I'm 13 years out, and I'd say 12oz is my max. Less depending on the density of protein that goes along with it.

I regained around 20 lbs in years 3-4 post op, but then I stopped and now maintain effortlessly. I have no interest in fighting my way back down. I'm quite content where I am with a size 10.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Ms Shell
on 10/29/18 9:12 am - Hawthorne, CA

Yes yes and I KNEW that...this last promotion took my 20lb regain and jumped it to 50, but the fight is still in me.

Always good to see us oldies still around and giving information, support and feedback!

Most Active