Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Monday, 11/5/18

(deactivated member)
on 11/5/18 3:51 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning! It's my last day of work and I am ready for it to be over. Tonight has been a sad night in this patient room. An overdose on all her psych meds as well as cocaine. She is out of her head and family is in pieces. Very sad for them. I plan to try and have a happy day away from the sadness that's in a hospital.

When I get up I am going to have tea with a friend, then that should put me up to the time to see the dentist. Pain is radiating all along lower left side of mouth when eating. It passes after awhile, but the pain is intense. I worry about what the dentist will want to fix, mostly the price of the work before insurance kicks in! After I will go to the gym for cardio, then have a strength class.

QOTD: How about a happy QOTD? In honor of Liz's Chiquita, tell us about a happy memory of a beloved fur friend.

I had a dog named Kiki, a pit bull I adored. I remember the first time I gave her a bath, was sure she would hate it. She loved it. Splashed in the water rolled in the bath tub. She was so cute

B- Yogurt with granola

L- ham salad

D- home made huevos rancheros

S- not sure yet, might do hard boiled eggs and cheese because never too many eggs

mmsmom
on 11/5/18 4:01 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning VSGers. Sounds like a rough night, Mersh - glad it's the end of your work week. I'm tired from watching all the sports lately. Patriots played til close to midnight last night and I stayed up because I could sleep in today (working at home)...still tired.

QOTD: we took my daughter's frenchie camping with us when she was about 12 weeks old. After that whenever we were preparing to go camping she would cry until you put her in my husband's truck - she wanted to go camping, LOL. I think she could smell the campground on the gear. She still loves it, but now we have the RV and so there's a lot less prep so she isn't always aware of the plan anymore. We took her on every trip this summer just because she loves it so much.

Buckling down to get into my only long gown for a black tie optional wedding Dec 1

B: low fat cottage cheese

L: salad with some source of protein

D: chicken and veg - stocked up on some nice veggies at the local farm and skim milk in a glass bottle - like it's 1960 again!

VSG on 04/28/2014

facetedginger
on 11/5/18 5:34 am

Good morning all!

It's my first day of work and my super long day. The time change is great for me. I'm one of those people who sleeps when it's dark and wakes at first light... for the first time in a long time I got up early enough for some yoga before work.

I have my 6 month checkup Wednesday afternoon and am ready. I'm technically 7 months and 1 day post op today. I'm going to ask if they can schedule my one year at my actual one year, not 6 months from this one.

QOTD: We found our oldest pup in an alley and worked to find the owner until someone told us there was a whole litter of strays and he was the only one that had made it. When we first saw him, I loved him immediately but DH was a skeptic. We lived in a travel trailer and didn't have much room. I asked DH just to pick him up and hold him for a second and as soon as he did, Rosco licked his cheek. That was it, DH was sold and they've been inseparable since.

B: Breakfast Omelet

S: Greek yogurt

L: Shredded chicken with cheese and black beans

D: Leftover Jambalaya without rice

Coffee, Monster Tea, and water for the day as well

Kristi T.
on 11/5/18 9:35 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Awe, I am so happy you were there to rescue Roscoe and give him a good home!

Gwen M.
on 11/5/18 6:41 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Heya. I managed to finish my paper yesterday but if I get a B on it I'll be pleasantly surprised. If I'd gotten to it earlier in the week I could have asked for some clarification, but that wasn't meant to be. Tracking down cases and laws is a really, really huge pain in the butt. Especially finding the information needed for citations of the former. :/

Today is mainly a prep day for tomorrow, since I'll be working for about 17 hours. I had planned on going to my pilates class today, but I think I'm skipping since my abdomen is not feeling good at all. I hate missing it, since it's my expensive class!

QOTD: I'm currently petless and this makes me unspeakably sad. Especially when it seems like all of my friends are getting kittens and posting pictures. As a result, I can't actually think of any specific stories to share!

1: protein shake
2: leftover fajita nachos from last night since I ended up not cooking due to PAPER
3: some other leftovers, since I'm not cooking due to election setup

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: just some stretching

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 11/5/18 9:32 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Sounds like an extremely tough night at the hospital Mersh, she was lucky to have you watch over her though. Good luck at the dentist today, hoping it is something that doesn't require a lot of work:-)

Taking my mother to her eye doctor today and maybe a little shopping at Home Goods if she feels up to it. I got the job I interviewed for last week, I start Nov. 13th. I was very up front with them about my physical limitations and their response was "we encourage diversity," which is an interesting response:-) Will see how it goes.

QOTD-I was told about my dog Emmy about 3 months after I lost my beloved Sagie to an allergic reaction to a bee sting of all things!!! I wasn't sure I was ready, but Emmy was a 6 month old Pomeranian that had been returned by two previous families to the foster home she was at. I was still grieving Sage and had just had a hip replacement a week earlier. I went to pick her up and immediately she gravitated towards my left hip. The first week she was home she kept pulling my sock off my left foot and pulled at my left pant leg. It was almost as if she knew I had surgery and was encouraging me to get up and move:-) She was a handful back then, but I credit her for my fast recovery.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-1/2 cup 2%Fage with peaches and pumpkin seeds

S-Hot tea

D-Tinfoil bake w/ground beef, sweet onions and fingerling potatoes(very few for me)

E-Late afternoon walk with Emmy

Have a good Monday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/7/18 11:58 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I just read this - thank you for thinking about Chiquita! Before I left home I found some pictures of DD bathing Chiquita in the sink when she was a puppy.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views