Whatcha Eating VSGers? Thursday, November 8, 2018

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/8/18 4:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It is almost the end of the week! I've got my place organized and cleaned here in Florida so am working on projects like new countertops and appliances. The newer sales of the same units definitely support doing those last major upgrades. And then of course, there is just finding decorative stuff that suits the place!

QOTD: Do you have any phobias you would like to break? I am petrified of heights which I think goes back to finding my brother on the ground after falling out of a tree. He had ruptured his spleen and almost died. I keep thinking I can go up the stairs in tall towers, but then freeze about two flights up.

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: fish of some sort (out to dinner)

S: hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

facetedginger
on 11/8/18 5:14 am

The end of the week is so exciting! I don't have a day off until the 17th, but I am still excited. I can get caught up on so much work around here on the weekends.

I love decorating a new place, sounds like fun!! We're in the middle of getting new flooring and I can't wait for it to be finished so I can decorate again.

QOTD: Do you have any phobias you would like to break? I hate being alone. I love my alone time as long as DH or someone is just outside working and not bothering me, but I can't go home if I know the house is empty and I can't stay by myself. I get terrible panic attacks. I'd love for that not to happen.

B: Coffee and bari cereal

L: Wendy's Chili

D: Garlic shrimp and cauliflower rice

mmsmom
on 11/8/18 5:29 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning. Florida sounds wonderful. I always hated Florida and then went a few years ago and said to myself - why do I hate Florida - It's great!!! I'm not a big fan of humidity, but as I get older, I'm less of a fan of the cold.

QOTD: I hate driving over big bridges. I'll do it, but it's white knuckle and in the most inner lane. I don't really even like being a passenger on a bridge either. I used to have dreams about bridges opening and me driving off as they opened - okay maybe I need some therapy haha.

B: 1/2 bagel, cored, toasted w/chive cc

L: soup or a salad from the caf

D: going out with friends. I completely forgot this and bought a nice, big double thick pork chop to share with my husband... luckily I checked the calendar. Going to a place with excellent fresh fish so probably the baked haddock, it's yummy

E: beautiful day so walking for sure...walked 2x yesterday and had a final visit with the frenchies around the block who are leaving for florida for the winter :(

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/8/18 11:25 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Yeah, I never thought I'd enjoy Florida either but our park is great, we have friends here and DH needed to be in a familiar place (we used to visit friends in our park for many years). I drive as close to the middle on bridges too because of my fear of heights!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

yvonnef1964
on 11/8/18 7:53 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Just waiting for the tv guy to come and fix my dish, the owner hit it the other day with his trailer when backing it up. I'm having news withdraws. I'm getting it on my iPad but it's not the same. I can watch my dvr though.

Has anyone noticed a change on my fitness pal this week? It's driving me crazy.

Qotd heights, I get dizzy feeling when I get to a certain height and need to walk the furthest from the edge of the height.

B ham and cheese omelette, string cheese and English muffin

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D keto lasagna and vegetable

Have a good day

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/8/18 11:26 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I have noticed that MFP keeps crashing and I had to login to it again a few days ago.

(deactivated member)
on 11/8/18 9:50 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all! Later post from me. I have been up since 3 though unable to sleep. I just went through a cycle of no sleep then the last week and a half have slept great now back to no sleep. Not sure what else to do about it other than just decide to live life tired.

Went to the gym about 4 for strength training, but had a class at 1030 which I thought was cardio, but it was strength plus cardio and my arms are having a fit!

Have the temporary crown, had it done yesterday. Was more involved than I thought and I did not expect the pain after. Couldn't bear to eat or chew anything.

Spending time getting things done for the weekend, but am taking off Saturday from work to go to a reunion with high school friends.

QOTD: No phobias that I can think of.

Breakfast- protein shake with coffee

Lunch- blackened catfish

Dinner- Salsa chicken burrito bowl I will throw together later tonight.

Snacks- broad beans with a babybel, cottage cheese and a boiled egg

Kristi T.
on 11/8/18 10:08 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

There has got to be a way to solve your sleep issues Mersh, don't give up you don't have to live life tired.

Kristi T.
on 11/8/18 10:06 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Glad you and DH are getting settled into your Florida home!

It's cold and dreary again today, the snow is still on the ground. Today is a day of errands in town. I work at the Visitor Center tomorrow from 8-5pm, will have to meal prep for that.

QOTD-My phobia is very similar to yours Liz. When I was 12, my brother who is six years younger than me, got on my handlebars of my bike and we cruised down the hill next to my house like we always did. Something happened and he flew forward and gashed his leg on my bike, there was blood everywhere. My parents weren't home, I was babysitting. Long story short we ended up in the E.R., my brother was okay but the trauma of that day caused me to never ride a bike again. I would like to start someday and conquer that fear. I couldn't imagine finding my brother at the bottom of a tree severely injured Liz, I am sorry that happened to you.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-leftover tuna salad with mayo and pickles, string cheese

S-Hot tea

D-tbd, grocery shopping today.

E-Late afternoon walk with Emmy

Have a good Thursday!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views