Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Friday, 11/09/18

facetedginger
on 11/9/18 6:46 am

Happy Friday ya'll!!

Even though I'm working all weekend, I'm still excited for the weekends. They're slower at work and I can get caught up on all of my "busy work." Plus... my boss is out of the office today, and the weekend... party.

Yesterday I had an episode where I started to get tunnel vision. I lost all of my peripheral vision and started to panic. My vision started getting weird squiggles in the upper right corner. I work in a hospital so they checked my blood pressure and it was perfect. My best guess is it was either my blood sugar (although highly unlikely) or, I'm dehydrated. I've noticed the last few days my stomach hasn't felt very well and I've been a little foggy. I do have some signs of dehydration but am drinking on a regular basis. I'm going to try to hydrate more than usual today and try to watch my symptoms.

QOTD: What plans do you have for the weekend?

Meals for today

B: Coffee and Bari cereal

L: Wendy's chili

D: Beef roast with veggies

S: Maybe some popcorn since it's date night at the movies

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/9/18 7:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I'm retired so weekends are sort of the same except that more people are out running errands and at restaurants and friends who are still working are more available.

I used to have that happen to me when a migraine was coming on, during my premenopausal years. Sometimes those early symptoms bothered me more than the actual headache.

QOTD: We are going out for Mexican food with friends tonight. Maybe the beach tomorrow? My SIL arrives Sunday to stay for the next 4 weeks with us here in Florida.

2 Years 7 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 23 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: tuna salad, pickles, and cottage cheese

D: taco filling without the taco

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

facetedginger
on 11/9/18 8:46 am

Thank you very much. I actually wondered if it was a migraine trying to happen- I just had one a few weeks but this wasn't how it started. I'm finishing up shark week and through maybe my hormones were just extra touchy.

Mexican sounds yummy and I love having my SIL with me so I hope you have a wonderful time!

mmsmom
on 11/9/18 10:22 am - Woburn, MA

Well, camping season is over and we have no big vacation plans so I am staying home and catching up on house stuff still. Painting the room that used to be my father's bedroom, cleaning up the office, etc. I also have a baby shower on Sunday - which should be fun!

B: steel cut oats

L: broccoli cheddar soup

D: the double thick pork chop (sharing) smothered with caramelized onions and creamed style corn. It looks like someone threw up on the plate, but it's delicious

E: walk, if the torrential rains haven't come in by the time i get home

VSG on 04/28/2014

facetedginger
on 11/9/18 10:39 am

The baby shower sounds like a lot of fun! I hope you have a great time.

Most Active