WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGers? Wednesday 28 Nov 2018

AnnieG522
on 11/28/18 8:52 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Post holiday lesson. I can eat whatever I want, if I want to feel like crap. I had 4 potato chips and my stomach locked up like a fist! AND yes, I can have sweets but even though they don't cause weight gain, I felt dreadful.

So, back on track today!

QOTD: What is the most important holiday tradition your family does that you did as a child? Ours is one gift opening on Christmas eve....and its always Christmas pj's.

B: 2 Canadian bacon, 1/4 homemade waffle

S: Chobani key lime yogurt

L: Teriyaki beef, green salad

S: Air popped popcorn

D: Fat free turkey chili and 1 corn tortilla

Vitamins/biotin WATER WATER WATER

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 11/28/18 9:41 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thanks for starting us Annie! I'm working on de-carbing after Thanksgiving (in preparation for Christmas LOL).

QOTD: Some of the traditions which we had as a child and continued with our own children have died away for now at least as our children are grown and there are no grandchildren. One was the opening of one gift on Christmas Eve. Another was everybody waiting to go into the living room where the stockings and gifts were until everybody is up in the morning. I guess the only remaining one is making sure we get together for Christmas dinner, though DD was missing last year.

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: pork roast (?)

S: homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 11/28/18 9:48 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I had a few bites of a flourless chocolate torte yesterday at my afternoon tea party, and I felt like I had a hangover afterward. I completely understand Annie! Back on track for me as well! The tea party was lovely, we had a speaker that gave a great presentation and lots of good tea party food:-)

Not a whole lot going on today except going into to town to pay property taxes. I got my hair cut yesterday, very short. I haven't had this short of hair since the late 80's. It will take some getting used too.

QOTD-Fondue on Christmas Eve. We fondue steak, shrimp, breaded cauliflower and mushrooms in peanut oil. After my parents divorced, my brother carried on the tradition with his family. I started doing it again about 3 years ago. We always had homemade oyster stew beforehand, my brother still makes it to this day.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-1/2 cup 2%Fage yogurt with 1/4 cup peaches and pecans(2tbsp)

S-Hot tea

D-Taco bowl

E-Short hike with my dog

Have a great Wednesday!

Gwen M.
on 11/28/18 12:28 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Staying home to work all day today. Whee.

QOTD: One year, at our holiday breakfast, there was bacon and there had never been bacon before. I asked my mom about it and she said, "your dad said that we always had bacon for breakfast!" He totally pulled one over on her, convincing her that bacon was a family tradition. So now "traditional holiday bacon" is a saying in our family. Granted, this happened when I was in my 20s and not when I was a child, but this is how traditions are made. :)

1: protein shake
2-3: leftover meat. There is so much meat in the fridge right now!

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

mmsmom
on 11/28/18 12:39 pm - Woburn, MA

Hello all.
QOTD: Pajamas Christmas eve, sausage bread made with the recipe from my grandmother's village in Sicily, and cookie day! We have recently instituted "fry day" where we get out the deep fryer and make all kinds of disgusting foods - 1 week before Christmas and during the Patriot's game. We did this the year my father was in the hospital and no one had to monitor his food intake, haha.

B: banana and peanut butter

L: salad with grilled salmon

D: turkey soup

E: doubtful, going for a highlight straight from work, home late

VSG on 04/28/2014

TANIA B.
on 11/28/18 6:16 pm
VSG on 10/23/18

QOTD: This is probably going to sound weird but, when I was 15 my family got our first VCR for Christmas. We went to our grandparents on Chrstmas eve (before us kids found out that our parents were getting us a VCR mind you) and the grandparents got each of us VHS movies. I cant remember what movie I got but my 5 year old brother got Rambo First Blood. So we were all confused both with how we were supposed to watch the movies and why they would choose Rambo for a 5 year old...on Christmas. Rambo has been our family Christmas movie ever since.

B: scrambled egg and Greek yogurt

L: leftover baked cod and peas

D: lettuce taco wrap

HW 302 SW 269 CW 197 GW 150

VGS on 10/23/18

Most Active