Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Monday, 12/3/2018

Gwen M.
on 12/3/18 6:28 am, edited 12/3/18 6:33 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning all and happy Monday!

I feel like I should stop starting with "I've got a busy day planned" since I've always got a busy day planned. I had a weekend full of school work but I finished everything that was strictly due yesterday. I need to finish up my rough draft for my research paper today so I can submit it to the effective writing center, as that's a requirement for the paper. Weird. Today I've got my pilates class and I'm looking forward to that as I had to skip it last week. I also plan to pick up the results from a CT scan I had on the 21st, so fingers crossed there! I have my WLS support group tonight, but I've decided to skip because I'm getting pissed off by all the stupidity and woo being promoted, so I figure I should skip instead of going and feeling like I have to contain my rage for an hour when I could be doing better things with my life.

QOTD: Are you a podcast listener? Which ones are your favorites if you are? What do you listen to when you're in the car? Do you listen to the radio, podcasts, something else, when you're at home? Tell us about your listening habits!

1: protein shake
2: leftover turkey (I think there might be a Gwen-sized portion left)
3: "chicken breasts gourmet" which is a stupid name for a random chicken dish with bacon and a simple cheese sauce

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: intermediate mat pilates class

How about you? What's going on in your world on this Monday?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 12/3/18 10:35 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! I agree Gwen, it seems counterproductive and unhealthy to be around negative energy from your support group, you have enough on your plate right now:-) Too bad though, it could be a place for growth and positive energy if only a small amount of time was given to the wooing and then move on!

I know I always write about the weather:-) Today is our last day of grey and dark gloominess, the rest of the week will be sunny and in the 30's. Just have to wait for the fog to burn off to see the sun.

I'm going to decorate a little bit outside today for Christmas, just a few things. The inside is done very minimally. I have a phone interview for a position tomorrow at 9am, the company is in Seattle so it will be a remote position. I like the idea of some of the work from home and some of it in the community.

QOTD-My listening habits are a little all over the place. I do like Podcasts and really like Webinars. Lately I have been listening to or watching a lot from Mindvalley and Food Matters T.V. I don't have satellite radio in my car so I am very limited on local stations. In my car I listen to one alternative music station and NPR. It seems like I only play music throughout the house in the summer when I am working outside/inside. Good question Gwen.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-1/2 cup 5%Fage with peaches, pecans and sweetener.

S-Hot tea

D-Inside of a Jimmy John sub

E-Hike with Emmy

Have a good Monday!

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/18 11:56 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good luck on your interview!

Kristi T.
on 12/4/18 9:11 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Thank you Mersh, they were supposed to call 10 minutes ago...hmm, still waiting:-)

Gwen M.
on 12/4/18 6:28 am
VSG on 03/13/14

It's interesting, but I don't really ever listen to music anymore except when I run!

I also don't have satellite radio, which is probably why I used to only listen to NPR in the car. But now it's podcasts from my phone.

Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Kristi T.
on 12/4/18 9:10 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

It's amazing how much we can change over the years, I don't listen to music near what I used too either!

(deactivated member)
on 12/3/18 12:00 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Hey all. It's cold and gloomy out, but I'm inside for my program at least. Going to the gym on my way home today and might go out for dinner.

QOTD: I don't do podcasts really. In the car I listen to Spotify, or prefer to drive in silence.

B- Grits with cinnamon

L- Chicken on Salad with cheese and bacon bits.

D- Chicken taco or chicken fajitas

S- apple with cinnamon

TANIA B.
on 12/3/18 4:50 pm
VSG on 10/23/18

QOTD: I love podcasts! My favorite are true crime and supernatural. Lore is my absolute favorite, followed by crime junkie, and serial. I really enjoyed Dirty John and Dr Death. I reasearched my surgon really well because of Dr. Death... I listen in the car as well as at home when Im cooking/cleaning.

B: Egg sausage and pepper "muffin"

L: 2 oz boars head turkey lettuce wrap, small cup mixed veggies

D: Crockpot pork loin with carrots and mashed califlower (which unfortunately i was the only one that liked)

HW 302 SW 269 CW 197 GW 150

VGS on 10/23/18

Gwen M.
on 12/3/18 6:03 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

The topic for my health management class last week was malpractice and I think 75% of my classmates wrote about Dr. Death. I'm planning on listening to the podcast when I have time!

Gwen M.
on 12/4/18 6:26 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD:

I used to only listen to things in the car and then it was all NPR all the time. Then I found Hamilton and started listening to Hamilton all the time. Then I went back to NPR, but I've had a hard time listening to all that news since Trump. So I discovered the joy of podcasts.

I use an awesome app called Overcast, which lets me create smart playlists so that the podcasts I keep on top of always play first when there's a new release. I also have a number of bluetooth speakers in the house so I can listen to podcasts when I'm cooking alone and when I'm showering. (Yes, I have a waterproof bluetooth speaker in my shower.. don't judge me!)

So, let's see.. the podcasts I stay caught up with are as follows:

WTF Just Happened Today
Up First
The Daily
The Daily Show (ears edition)
Stay Tuned with Preet
Serial
Criminal
This is Love
This American Life
Heaven's Gate (I think this is finished forever, though.)
Darkest Night
Tanis
Dear Franklin Jones (Also finished forever.)
Death in Ice Valley (Probably finished forever.)
S-Town (Probably finished forever.)
A Very Fatal Murder (Probably finished forever.)
Aging Unmasked
Limetown
The Leviathan Chronicles
Fresh Air
Kickass News
Why is this happening?
Cults

I'm also currently working my way through:
Death by Design
Weight Loss for Busy Physicians (good for non-physicians too!)

From there, I have a billion other podcasts in my "listen to me someday" list. :)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 61 views