Whatcha Eating Today, VSGers? Wednesday, 12/5/18

(deactivated member)
on 12/5/18 6:15 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Good morning all. It's been awhile since I've started the thread. Today is very cold and even the heater running near me isn't doing all that great. I am glad I took time off of work to do this program, but being away from work is really stressful. Sometimes I wonder if I should have just kept working and tried to just power through it, but I know I needed help. At some point the emotional issues would have gotten bad enough that I likely would have lost my job anyway, which really would have sent my spiraling. At least this way I am on an official leave from work, they have documentation from my doctor's and it is all official. Everything is and will work out.

QOTD: Tea, or coffee? Do you have a favorite of either?

I enjoy both a great deal, but I have been drinking a Holiday Candy Cane tea in the mornings and it is so soothing and tasty.

B- 2 eggs scrambled with salsa

L- Rotisserie chicken, cottage cheese with a half serving of raspberries

D- Leftover roast beef sandwich with mayo

S- Sriracha almonds

Gwen M.
on 12/5/18 7:12 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning! I was out of the house early for pilates class, it was nice to be able to go this week after missing all of my exercise last week.

My appointment with my reconstructive surgeon yesterday was lovely and I have officially "graduated" unless I have concerns in the future. It's sort of awesome to go to a doctor appointment, take your robe off, and have the doctor exclaim, "Wow! You look amazing!" :D I feel amazing, at least physically, so that's pretty fantastic.

I finished my GERO paper yesterday and got it submitted to the effective writing center as required by the assignment, so that's out of my hands for a few days. Today I'm going to focus on getting my forum posts for the week finished up.

QOTD: Neither. I dislike coffee in any form. I'll drink hot tea when I'm sick and cold tea in the rare cir****tances when I need caffeine, otherwise I skip it.

1: protein shake
2: I don't know yet
3: "chicken breasts gourmet" (dumb recipe name)

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: pilates mat class!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kristi T.
on 12/5/18 10:34 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

mmsmom
on 12/5/18 7:27 am - Woburn, MA

happy hump day. Back from the conference - flying was a nightmare, flight delayed, but ended up landing earlier than original flight scheduled due to openings - yay.

QOTD: YES, i start the morning with tea (PG Tips with skim milk), then move to an iced coffee (french vanilla with 1 splenda and alot of whole milk) and then back to tea. I consume alot of caffeine or couldn't survive, lol

B: cheerios

L: IDK, soup?

D: pork chop

E: walk

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 12/5/18 10:34 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I wouldn't survive either!

yvonnef1964
on 12/5/18 9:06 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

It snow last night in Michigan, I had to leave a little early to get to my dentist appointment.

It seems I'm more busier now that I'm working than before. Everyday this week I have to get up early.

Qotd I like both but if I had to choose one, it would be coffee.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D chicken breast and maybe a vegetable.

Have a good day

Kristi T.
on 12/5/18 10:31 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning!

It will absolutely work out Mersh. You took a positive step forward and got help. Because you made it official and are on leave, your job will be there when you are ready. Your job right now is to work on you, and you are amazing! I am sending you lots of positive vibes and light today:-)

It's cold here too, but thank goodness for the sun. I can handle the cold as long as the sun comes out every now and then!

QOTD-I love them both! I have regular coffee first thing and then one cup of bullet coffee around 10am. I have Earl Grey tea with double Bergamot and Green tea around 3pm everyday. I am a creature of habit I guess.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-Greek yogurt with peaches and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-homemade turkey taco soup

E-Hike with my dog

Have a lovely Wednesday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/5/18 1:59 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

It's late in the day and I already departed from what I planned this morning, but I'll put an updated plan here. I had coffee with my walking group this morning, then worked on a couple of my home projects: making frames for my medicine mirrors from molding and removing some bathroom towel holders.

QOTD: I've never developed a taste for tea though I've tried to do so, but I LOVE coffee since WLS. I liked it previously but now I crave it. My favorite is Pumpkin Spice which is hard to get outside of the fall, but I've got enough for at least another month before I have to revert to other flavors.

2 Years 8 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: catfish

S: nut thins and hummus, homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/5/18 2:19 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

BTW, I'm so proud of you taking care of yourself!!! It was the best thing to do to ultimately do your best at work as well.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 12/6/18 7:46 am
VSG on 01/12/17

Thank you! It is a hard process, but I am happy I started it and so thankful that places like this exist.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views