Various questions

MEW0023
on 12/5/18 4:12 pm
VSG on 08/02/17

Its been about a year since I have posted/asked any questions.

I am down 100+lbs, but I have several questions:

Do any of you feel as if your stomach as gone back to "regular"?
Do you still throw up if you have overeaten?
Are any of you still losing weight a year out?

My main concern is my stomach stretching back out to what it used to be.. I will have times where it physically hurts (tonight) and i will throw up just to feel better.

Does anyone know exactly what it takes to make your stomach stretch??

Thanks for all the help!

~Concered~

Valerie G.
on 12/7/18 7:27 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It sounds like you've not learned your limits of capacity yet. The throwing up is from overeating or a certain food.

• First, do NOT eat that last bite or two. It's okay to leave it on your plate. The kids in China will starve or survive whether or not your plate is clean.
  • Pay attention to body triggers that tell you that you're full. Some common ones are a drippy nose, hiccups or a little cough. When you feel any of these, it's time to push the plate away or slow down.
  • If you get that overfull sensation and you know that you're not really full, take note of what you just ate. Potatoes and chicken breast are too dense for me and I have to eat slower. Other foods like oatmeal or rice will expand in your stomach and suddenly make you feel like you're going to die for a few minutes.

On the stomach feeling more like normal, it has probably stretched some, which is to be expected. Do know that it will NOT get anywhere near the original size. The average size of a stomach is about the size of a football. After a sleeve, the capacity is about that of an egg. At a year or two, maybe the size of a baseball. I am 13 years out and can eat about the capacity of a soda can in one sitting. It's much more than an an egg, but nothing close to a football.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active