WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGers? Sunday, December 9, 2018

AnnieG522
on 12/9/18 5:48 am
VSG on 10/05/17

We woke up to a small snow here in NC, which of course is turning to freezing rain. It looks pretty, but then again, I fall down on dry floor! The white dog loved it; the dachshund just said "NO" and came back in.

I finally saw the ENT, who did a scope on my sinuses; got steroid pills, another (4th) round of antibiotics, nasal sprays, and an appointment for CT scan.

QUESTION: I have gained 5 lbs rather suddenly, so am assuming its the steroids. Does anyone know how long after you stop the fluid build up goes away?

QOTD: If you grew up in a winter climate, what was your favorite activity? (Or if you live in one now) I'll answer in comment section.

B: Protein shake

L: Greek yogurt/cream cheese dip on carrots

D: Leftover something

Coffee with protein, lots of coffee

S: Chobani yogurt

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Kristi T.
on 12/9/18 9:47 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Our little bit of snow went away, but the mountains are whiter than white! My dog loves the snow too. She would even go swimming in the lake if I let her. This is her kind of weather! I'm going to a Christmas concert today hoping it will help get me in the spirit.

As to your question about the steroids, I would call your pharmacist. But my experience with them is the fluid retention begins to go away when the dosage is lowered while tapering down. I remember it being pretty fast.

QOTD-I grew up in the eastern part of Washington(desert type climate) but skiing wasn't too far away. I used to love skiing, but it doesn't appeal to me now. Now that I live in Montana their is an abundance of winter activities. I would like to try snow shoeing, but for now I hike as long as I can before the snow stops me.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-5%Fage with peaches and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-Leftover zucchini lasagna

E-late afternoon walk with Emmy

I hope everyone has a peaceful Sunday!

Gwen M.
on 12/9/18 4:23 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

It's been a good day here since I'm on top of my school work for the first time this term. Woo. Still did work, but felt leisurely about it.

I agree with Kristi about the steroids.

QOTD: I'm sure, as a kid, I liked building snow forts and having snowball fights. Now, as an adult, I actually really like shoveling snow. Go figure, right? :)

1: protein shake
2: um, some leftover cauliflower. Lots of protein there...
3: sausage tortellini skillet thing - more sausage than tortellini.

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: nope!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active