Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday, 12/16/2018

Gwen M.
on 12/16/18 5:18 am, edited 12/16/18 5:22 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Happy Sunday, friends!

Yesterday was an awesome day here - first day in a very long time that has been largely unplanned and lazy. It was glorious. And I got my grade for my GERO research paper back AND my prof advised me to submit it for publication OMGWHAT?! Mind blown.

Today is a day for movies and more relaxation - Lance and I are going to see Spider-Man and Mortal Engines.

QOTD: What gift to a child would you ask the parent for permission before giving? (Lessons, books, loud things, etc...) (I'll answer in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: Buffalo Wild Wings between movies, I'm getting a chicken quesadilla
3: lamb kebabs, chickpea salad

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: yoga!

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 12/16/18 5:29 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD: I'm planning/hoping to give my old e-ink Kindle to my nephew, keeping it attached to my account still and with Kindle FreeTime enabled, and I asked my brother for permission because it's a device. I asked weeks ago, though, and have yet to get a reply (standard for my brother), so I'm just going to do it. I've got it loaded with almost 100 awesome books that are age-appropriate. He's only recently really gotten into reading (age 11), so I think it'll be an awesome gift for him and it'll be easy for my mom/his grandma and me to gift books to the Kindle for him.

I'd really only ask permission for things that require a buy-in from the parent. Classes/lessons of any sort. Passes to places that would require a drive. And then things that fit into the category of "things I know the parent might have issues with that I want to respect," which would be different for every kid. For example, I wouldn't ask my SIL if I could gift my niece with a science book because my SIL is a dumbass. But if I had a friend who was a cybersecurity professional, I'd ask before gifting their kid with some Internet of Things device :P

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

(deactivated member)
on 12/16/18 7:53 am
VSG on 01/12/17

That's amazing, Gwen! I am happy for you, definitely submit it.

I am still feeling bad today, but now so is my grandmother. Her head is stuffed up and her throat hurts and she's chilling. I am going to make some beef soup for her and make sure she stays warm and in bed, or at least resting in the recliner.

QOTD: I would say electronics in general, and food/candy.

B- Apple and protein shake

L- Beef stew

D- Beef stew

S- Tuna packet with a little mayo

Kristi T.
on 12/16/18 11:19 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Hope you both feel better soon, rest and be kind to yourself too Mersh!

Kays
on 12/16/18 8:42 am
VSG on 12/18/17

Hello all and happy Sunday!

I read the daily meal thread each day and do not usually post. I had my surgery in December of 2017 and this thread has truly guided me in my food choices and provided reassurance in my times of doubt, anger and, concern-Thanks to all who post day in and day out!

QOTD: My daughter is 9 and with that in mind- anything having to do with technology would probably need approval. I love all the technology we have today but, along with it comes the reality of the world we live in. My daughter has already asked me for apps such as "Snapchat" and games that are not appropriate. Not only do you have to guard them against dark characters that may be lurking on the internet you have to ensure that they don't become desensitized to reality related to all the violence and ridiculousness within video games and apps.

M1: coffee w cream

M2: cabbage and sausage soup

M3: chicken breast w zucchini?

S1: PP vanilla 1/2

Kristi T.
on 12/16/18 11:17 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! Congratulations Gwen, that is awesome! I agree with Mersh, definitely submit it for publication. This is the beginning of an amazing career for you, GO GWEN!

Getting ready to head out to The Messiah. Our local Symphony an Chorale has some amazing talent and I always leave the performance feeling a little more in the spirit of the holidays, which I desperately need right now.

Took my mom to Whitefish last night, it's a ski resort town about 20 minutes away. The town decorates beautifully for Christmas every year. Hardly any snow yet this year. Below is what it should look like.

QOTD-I usually send my nieces money, but I would probably ask permission first for things like makeup, coffee gift cards...just to make sure they were at the appropriate age for it. I used to send a box of caramel apples each year, but their diets are all over the place now.

B-1/3 cup granola, bullet coffee

L-Greek yogurt with peaches and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-tbd

E-early evening walk with Emmy

Have a good Sunday!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 56 views