Oatmeal Ideas?

allbygrace
on 12/20/18 7:04 pm
VSG on 12/08/14

Trying to find ways to fix regular oatmeal. Does anyone add yogurt to their's? Need some recipe ideas. I'm craving some oatmeal. :) Thanks!

TheWombat
on 12/20/18 7:20 pm
VSG on 06/11/18

I love a bit of dried (or frozen) fruit with oatmeal tasted marvelous. I sometimes add milled flaxseed for extra protein.

mmsmom
on 12/21/18 2:33 am - Woburn, MA

Here is the most delicious oatmeal there is (LOL in my opinion). I make it in a heavy pan - dutch oven, if you have one - in the evening

32 oz vanilla unsweetened almond milk - bring to a boil

add 1 cup steel cut oats

cinnamon and vanilla to taste

bring back to a boil and shut off the heat/cover

leave for about 2 hours

refrigerate and portion out over the next few days for breakfast. .i add some splenda when i eat it.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 12/21/18 10:14 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I make a porridge type hot cereal using 2tbsp flax meal, 1tbsp chia seeds and 1/4 cup water. Heat in microwave for 2 minutes(chia seeds make it thick so you may need more water). I top with cream, sweetener and chopped nuts, usually walnuts or pecans. It has a lot of fiber so you may need to start off using less. I really like this with a little cinnamon as well.

Jester
on 12/24/18 5:44 am
RNY on 03/21/16

Sometimes in order to mixthings up, I go with a savory oatmeal instead of a sweet/fruit a based one. I will often add some garlic, turmeric and curry. Or I maybe some green chiles and cumin. Gives me a little variety. There is also an oatmeal "bake" I make that I think is delicious, as follows (I do use Splenda, and I know some people stay away from artificial sweeteners):

Ingredients:

1 cup quick cook steel cut oats
1/6 cup slivered almonds
2 pears, peeled and diced
1 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. cardamom
1/4 t. kosher salt
1 1/4 t. baking powder
2 1/3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or milk of choice)
1/2 t. almond extract
1/2 t. vanilla extract
1/8 Cup packed Splenda Brown Sugar
.375 cups (9 Packets) Splenda
1 egg

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375 degrees and spray a 9x9 baking dish with cooking spray.

In a large bowl whisk together the oats, almonds, Splenda, cinnamon, cardamom, salt, and baking powder.

In a separate bowl whisk together the almond milk, extracts, and egg.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir together.

Stir in the pears.

Pour the oatmeal mixture into the prepared baking dish and place on the middle rack of the oven.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until the oatmeal is golden and set.

Serve immediately.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views