Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Sunday December 23, 2018

Kristi T.
on 12/23/18 11:02 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! It is almost noon here, everyone must be busy today. I woke to about an inch of snow and it's still going strong. The ski resort down the road from me finally had their opening day yesterday. I think it might be a white Christmas here after all.

Today is prep day for fondue on Christmas eve. We fondue steak, tempura shrimp, mushrooms and breaded cauliflower in peanut oil. I do a family traditional layered salad with water chestnuts, peas and green onion. My brother in Colorado has carried on the tradition of oyster stew beforehand. I am working really hard at being cheerful for my mother, but Christmas usually makes me a little melancholy:-)

QOTD-Do you practice any form of meditation? I started a week ago, my goal has been to do it every morning. So far I haven't missed a day. I use a guided meditation that has a little gratitude, forgiveness and visualization. I have heard it gets easier, my mind wonders like crazy but I am going to keep at it.

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee

L-Greek yogurt with chopped apple and pecans

S-Hot tea

D-Leftover tuna salad

E-Walk in the snow with Emmy

I hope everyone has a peaceful and safe Sunday!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/23/18 11:52 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Good afternoon! I was melancholy for a long time on Christmas after my eldest DD died, but the last few years have been better and I'm looking forward to the celebrations this year. Though it may be the last year that DH is mentally present.

QOTD: No, I'm not comfortable with meditation though yoga breathing is calming for me. I saw a therapist after DD died who tried to get me to try it but I just couldn't do it.

2 Years 9 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 1 month)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: Deli chicken and cottage cheese

D: Instant Pot Italian Chicken over riced cauliflower

S: cottage cheese, maybe some nut thins and hummus

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

(deactivated member)
on 12/23/18 12:36 pm
VSG on 01/12/17

Afternoon menu board. It's sunny and bright outside. While it is chilly, being out in the sun makes it feel better. Have run around a bit getting things together for Christmas Eve. We're not doing a dinner considering the cir****tances, but will just have cheese and meats. I think that's plenty.

QOTD: I try to meditate, if I actually get around to doing it I set aside 10 minutes and just lay quietly on my bed with no sound and my eyes closed. I promise I'm not napping!

B- Half a bagel, cream cheese, an egg on top

L- Tuna on salad with yogurt dressing

D- Turkey Sandwich

S- Pumpkin pie greek yogurt

E- Already went to the gym today for cardio

Most Active