Just got home from hospital

FreedomGirl
on 12/29/18 10:17 pm
VSG on 12/27/18

Hi everyone! Just got home from the hospital. Doc had me stay two nights and three days to make sure everything was okay and I didn't have any leaks. It took awhile, but I finally was able to pick up all my meds. Thank God for my parents who are staying with me for the next 2-3 weeks. Everything went smoothly and I'm recovering well. Just having some chest pain when I swallow - Doc says I may be drinking too much or too fast. I knew that, but doing it in reality is much more difficult than I thought. I'm still working out the kinks on that and hopefully I'll get the right amount that my new awesome stomach is comfy with. Thank you all for your thoughts, words of encouragement, and prayers. I'll definitely keep you updated on my progress. I already lost 5 pounds from being in the hospital - crAAAAAzy. Anyway, please feel free to let me know any tips on getting the right sipping amount down pat.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

5'6" Female 31 years old

HW: 273 / SW: 261 / GW:140

MoSull
on 12/30/18 9:41 am

I just got my surgery on 12/6, and they had me start out drinking out of a medicine cup to make sure I was taking tiny sips. I would say initially a comfortable sip for me was about a quarter of a medicine cup. It helped me and it was kind of funny pouring myself "shots" all day!

Kristi T.
on 12/30/18 9:46 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

To be honest I would have loved one more night in the hospital, I wasn't ready to go:-) Take good care this week and be patient with yourself. I was thirsty all the time so had no trouble with sipping, just make sure it's your number one job. Walking really helps keep the gas pains at bay, I walked around the house and then went outside as soon as I could. Rest, sip, walk and take your pain medication as needed. Keep us posted on your progress and ask as many questions as you need too!

Most Active