Whatcha Eating Today VSGers? Thursday, 1/10/2019

Gwen M.
on 1/10/19 4:53 am, edited 1/10/19 4:59 am
VSG on 03/13/14

Good morning, all! Our forum seems a bit slow for what I'd expect at the start of the year, I hope everyone is okay.

I've got a physical scheduled with my PCP this morning and then a hair cut scheduled for the late afternoon. I'm hoping to get to the gym to run today because it's going to be in the 30s with 20mph winds so I'd rather not run outside! I'll spend the rest of my day on random tasks, reading, and maybe I'll get started on some things for classes. We'll see!

QOTD: If time, money, and location weren't factors. what hobby/activity would you love to pursue? (I'll reply in a comment.)

1: protein shake
2: the last of the leftover tuna green bean salad
3: umami roast chicken, tahini avocado chickpea salad

liquid and vites: on track
exercise: running and yoga stretching OR just yoga

How about you?

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Gwen M.
on 1/10/19 5:03 am
VSG on 03/13/14

QOTD

Wouldn't it be nice if time, money, and location weren't factors? :P If they weren't, I'd LOVE to pursue parkour. There's a place "near" me that does parkour training, but due to area traffic "near" could mean 45 minutes of driving to 2 hours of driving and that sort of time investment isn't feasible for me. I'm hoping that there might be an option to train close to wherever I move in 2020.

Parkour just seems like the culmination of all the changes I've made to my body and my life. :)

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

AnnieG522
on 1/10/19 6:48 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Good morning Gwen,and yes, it does seem slow. Not much shaking today in NC - its cold cold cold. And I had a major med change the end of last week, so trying to adjust is always a challenge.

QOTD: If time, money, and location weren't factors. what hobby/activity would you love to pursue? Tough question. As a single parent with 4 kids, money was ALWAYS an issue. Now that they are grown, successful (as in own houses and have health insurance :) ) and its my husband and I, I guess we spend money to make memories. Sometimes its small money -- like taking the grandkids to Dicks Hotdogs (established 1921) or a big memory, like a road trip to the Grand Canyon. But usually about an experience we can all remember and talk about. I guess if I could have horses again, maybe that, but after 30+ years, I think I'm over them at 66. :)

Changing my eating because medication requires food prior, and old med was empty stomach so my eating is confused!

B: Chobani yogurt, protein shake in coffee

S: Split pea soup

L: Cranberry walnut cheese chicken salad w lite dressing

D: Thin "crust" spinach pizza

S: ????

Weight is back to 128, so that's good.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

mmsmom
on 1/10/19 7:09 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, Gwen and all VSGers. It's Thursday of my first week on my new job. I am loving it. It's so close to home and everyone is so nice. Of course, there's alot of figuring out systems and drives, finding documents, learning procedures, but all in all, it's good!

QOTD: I would just travel, travel, travel! I've always wanted to take a long cruise, like 6 weeks, cross country in the RV, wander across Europe!

B: cheerios, dry

L: leftover salmon salad

D: chicken

E: walk, but it's windy and cold, brrrrrrrrrrrrrr

VSG on 04/28/2014

Kristi T.
on 1/10/19 9:30 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

I am so glad you like your new job!!!

yvonnef1964
on 1/10/19 8:39 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning,

Ive been busy and life got in the way and was trying some quiet me time why I haven't been here.

Qotd I would love to travel to many places, I would love to see

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna, cottage cheese and honeycrisp apple

D Have a meeting after work, not sure I want to eat there or wait till I get home and have meatloaf and mixed vegetables

Have a good day

Kristi T.
on 1/10/19 9:29 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! The VSG forum is a little slow, hopefully it will pick up again after everyone is settled into their new year routine.

Parkour looks amazing Gwen, I can totally see you doing it too!

I have been having a lot of trouble with my neck and right shoulder this past week, in a lot of pain but it is old familiar pain. I think it might be better today. I am alternating between ice and heat when I sit and rest. I am still hiking though:-) Not much on the agenda today, a trip into town for some errands is about it. I need to pick up some supplies for my new job. They sent me a beautiful iPhone 7 yesterday, oh my, am I behind the times!

QOTD-I would love to go to some of these major self help type retreats put on by MindValley, Caroline Myss and Tommy Rosen. Some of them are in other countries, some are close like Sedona, AZ. They are expensive but look so interesting!

B-1/3 cup granola, coffee

L-5%Fage with dark cherries and pecans

S-Hot tea, jerky or string cheese

D-tbd?

E-Short hike with my dog.

Have a wonderful Thursday!

Kays
on 1/10/19 11:09 am
VSG on 12/18/17

Hello all- no time to post like the present! The snow has finally fallen my way in NE Ohio. We have been quite lucky in my area to miss it for all this time!

QOTD: If time and money were no object- I would want to open up some type of nonprofit organization that would help underprivileged children and teenagers. A safe community organization to help with after school care, before school care, community education, food, housing and shelter among other things.

M1: 1.8oz deli turkey , coffee and cream

M2: 1oz harvatti cheese, 1oz of salami

M3:unjury chocolate protein drink

S1: 3 turkey sticks

I'm focused on staying on track for the last 2 days accountability has been not so good! Have a good day everyone!

Most Active