WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGers? Sunday, Jan 20 2019

AnnieG522
on 1/20/19 7:00 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Good morning! NC hit its high of 46 this morning, and the low will drop to 18 today. Totally not SE winter weather. High winds mess with my vertigo even in the house!

QOTD: The mother-daughter question: Are you like your own mother, and in what ways? (And if you have daughters, are they like you?)

B: Premier protein in coffee (lots of coffee)

S: Chobani yogurt

L: Apple chicken walnut salad

D: Tortellini, lean meatball & sauce (3/4 c total)

S: ????

No exercise on Sunday, unless we count rocking chair while I crochet! I did Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat on the stationary bike. Planet Fitness M,W,F and at home upstairs.

I am on my 3rd upper respiratory thing since mid-October. I am scrupulous about washing my hands. I try not to touch things like grocery carts or coat hangers....apparently its just a going around thing.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

AnnieG522
on 1/20/19 7:06 am
VSG on 10/05/17

QOTD: The mother-daughter question: Are you like your own mother, and in what ways? (And if you have daughters, are they like you?)

My mom taught me a lot of things, mostly !what kind of mother I didn't want to be (I do not mean that as harshly as it sounds). She was not happy in the role of mother. But she taught me to be a good friend, to love to read, and to love music and play several instruments. The other things she taught, it has taken a lifetime to un-learn and process to be a positive person.

My 3 daughters (and maybe my son?) are a great deal like me, at least the me I've taught myself to be. Thanks to those wonderful women friends who showed me a better way, my adult-children are compassionate, self-sufficient, proactive and put themselves through grad school and into solid careers that put something back into the world. They have strong friendships with one another, and with other people. And they absolutely have fun! Two of my four have children of their own, and are good parents. They all have long-term friendships and relationships that have endured all sorts of trials. And they can all cook, clean house an do laundry.

TMI -- I think I miss them after the holidays :)

nursebonnie
on 1/21/19 8:39 am
VSG on 08/19/14

Your comment about your mother really hit home with me. Honestly, I don't think on it too much because I can get too negative. I am trying to forgive her for her unkindnesses and you certainly gave me a start. I must start to remember and cherish the good things she taught me.

Unfortunately my daughters don't talk and they are in their 40's. One is quite toxic and the hurt is not worth it.

Thank you for your helpful insight.

Kristi T.
on 1/20/19 9:49 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning! It's 30 degrees right now and I can see a few patches of blue ski. I am hoping it will be clear enough to see the Blood Moon tonight. Your weather in NC has been all over the place Annie!

Not much planned for the day, will probably do a little work then take Emmy for a long hike.

QOTD-I am not like my mother. I have fought against being anything like her my whole life. She was not the most nurturing of mothers, never "I love you" and never any hugging. I have often asked her why she had children and her response is always "that was the thing you just did back then." My brother and I always tell those around us we love them. I am a hugger and so is my brother, I think we both recognize how important it is. He has 3 children(all girls) and I did not have children. His two youngest daughters are like him, but I have noticed his oldest girl is a lot like my mother. Our genetic traits are fascinating! My mom did the best she could, if not for her, I would not be on this amazing planet:-)

B-1/3 cup granola

L-1 fried egg, 1 fried egg white

S-Hot tea

D-Inside of a bean/meat burrito, steamed broccoli, 1 recess peanut butter cup

E-Hike with Emmy

I hope everyone has a good Sunday!

Sassy75
on 1/20/19 11:35 am - North York, Canada

Do you warm the shake? How do you prepare the coffee/shake?

Surgery date August 11, 2014 gastric sleeve with Dr. Rotstein at St.Mike's

starting weight 309 4 months out 237

AnnieG522
on 1/21/19 5:53 am
VSG on 10/05/17

I fill room temp Premier Shake about 1/3 of my HUGE cup, then half decaf/regular coffee to the top.

I like the chocolate (mmm mocha), but the vanilla and caramel are also good.

Most Active