Need help. New to this

Kassyyy13
on 1/25/19 6:44 am

I'm in the last stage of approval. I need a psych eval and a last weight check. Heres my problem. So the therapist office here just called and said the only person who could do my psych eval is a hour and a half away. Thats fine. What I'm pissed off about is I have called MULTIPLE places closer to where i live and they don't accept Medicaid (or any insurance for that matter) and it will be $300 without insurance. I saw a post on a couple of other sites that some people used an online service for like $100. Does anyone know what that service is? Should i just suck it up and make the drive? Any kind words appreciated.

skinnytrappedinfatbod
y

on 1/25/19 8:56 am, edited 1/25/19 12:57 am

Even with my really good insurance that I pay a hefty price every 2 weeks I had to come out of pocket for the psych evaluation and the dietician. The cost for both on the same day out of pocket was $750. Believe me if this is what your really want just shell out the money. Your almost there. I?m just waiting on approval now.

oh and I had to drive for one hour every time I needed to see them and 1 in a half hours for the 3 month classes that was required. I have been on this journey since September 2018. It's been 4 months now going one 5.

Kassyyy13
on 1/25/19 2:08 am

Do you have an idea of when you get to have your surgery? We may get to be surgery twins lol

skinnytrappedinfatbod
y

on 1/25/19 11:07 am

I don't. I'm hoping February but from the looks of it could be March. Having to maintain my weight or lose is such a pain bc my insurance requires that. I had lost 70lbs back in 2017 and went from a size 20 to 12. I had kept all my fat clothes thank God bc I gained it all back. Now I'm looking forward to wearing my skinnier clothes and go even lower than size 12. My concern is the plastic surgery. I wish I knew someone who was doing the same surgery who lived closer so we can motivate each other to go to the gym. Right now I have 0 motivation. Where do you live. I'm in Maryland

Kassyyy13
on 1/25/19 11:11 am

Arkansas but I'm more than happy to be a friend to motivate you because I need it too lmao. 2 years ago i got down to a size 8 but gained every bit of it back plus more. It sucks.

skinnytrappedinfatbod
y

on 1/25/19 11:22 am

Of coarse. If you have IG keep in contact with me through there bc I don't get on here to much. IG is Gretel dorta

i dont think I will be showing off to ig world my progress. The only pics I have up are when I lost the weight. People don't understand the struggle.

Kassyyy13
on 1/25/19 11:27 am

Of course they dont!!! I'll add you on there. My IG is kassyyy13666

Kristi T.
on 1/25/19 10:02 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

The drive will be worth it if that is what your insurance will pay for. I had to drive a total of 4 hours to get mine done, no places close to me had the ability to do it or would accept my insurance:-)

Kassyyy13
on 1/25/19 10:07 am

Okay so now I don't feel so bad. I told them i would make the drive so now i just have to wait until they call me with a date. It'll be worth it. That's what i keep telling my husband because he isn't exactly happy about me driving that far but you know, it will be worth it in the long run. I'm really nervous about all this lol

sapphireis
on 1/27/19 6:52 am

Hi!

I would drive if the insurance covers a particular place. The dr know what it takes and who the insurance will accept in order to make the approval process smoother. You are almost there.

i just had vsg on 1-16-19. It took 8 months to complete everything for the final approval.

keep me posted!

Most Active