WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGers? Wednesday 06 Feb 2019

AnnieG522
on 2/6/19 6:38 am
VSG on 10/05/17

Good morning! Crazy weather continues with a high of 79 expected today, but only 48 on Saturday. Not only do I not know what to wear in the morning, the weather is making my curly hair absolutely insane!

QOTD: Are you a glass half full kinda person, a glass has empty kinda person, or don't worry about it kinda person? I am a "glass can always be refilled kinda person", if that's a thing. When I think it's empty, someone or something happens to bring it back to full.

MEALS are being a problem. I just have no appetite. Nothing tastes good, or tastes at all.

B: Premier protein shake w coffee

S: Chobani yogurt

L: Sm low fat caesar salad

D: 1 corn tortilla, baked, with no fat refried beans and cheese

S: ????

Hope everyone is having a day full of interesting things.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

mmsmom
on 2/6/19 7:00 am - Woburn, MA

Good morning, we are still enjoying some warm weather. I think "normal" temperatures are expected tho, so the end to 60 degrees is here. It was a nice treat.

QOTD: I'm a half full person and an eternal optimist.

B: steel cut oats

L: leftover salmon - blackened, yum

D: defrosted chicken - maybe some fajita type of prep since i have all the ingredients

VSG on 04/28/2014

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 2/6/19 7:48 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I hope your week is going well. The weather here is absolute perfection right now. Though I missed my walk yesterday waiting for pest control to spray, I did make it to the pool and went out with friends yesterday afternoon. Getting away for a couple of hours was terrific. Picture below (I'm the second from the right).

QOTD: Usually I'm glass half full, unless I'm feeling down (which has been a fair amount lately). Then I am glass half empty. My normally optimistic perspective has served me well in being a can-do person about many things.

2 Years 10 months post-op (maintaining below goal for 2 years, 2 months)

Always lots of coffee...

B: eggs, cottage cheese and Canadian bacon

L: DCGirl's tuna, artichoke salad and feta mix plus cottage cheese

D: leftover taco stuffed green peppers

S: sweetened homemade cottage cheese

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kristi T.
on 2/6/19 9:51 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Great picture, I love the gazebo type seating. Some of you look like you could be sisters:-)

AnnieG522
on 2/6/19 2:48 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

Liz, you look fabulous. I'm sorry you're feeling a bit down, but you do so much for so many and life never gets easy unless your coasting downhill! I'm sure the sunshine and friends were a boost today!

yvonnef1964
on 2/6/19 9:20 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good afternoon,

It was better last night due to eating dinner later in the night. I still felt I needed something else before bed, I stuck it out and had nothing extra.

Qotd a few years ago I would of say empty kind of person but now it half full.

B ham and cheese omelette and string cheese

L tuna and cottage cheese

D crack chicken and canned peaches

Kristi T.
on 2/6/19 9:50 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning, I hope everyone's day is going well. Our weather pulled out of the single digits up to 14 degrees with a light dusting of snow. I've already been up and out of the house to have my labs drawn then treated myself to a triple shot Americano with heavy cream. Now I am hyped up and ready for the day! Today will be errands then getting ready for my early workday tomorrow.

QOTD-Like Yvonne, I would say 3 years ago I was a glass half empty. Now I try really hard to stay in the present moment and think more like a glass half full kind of person. It's a lot of mind work, but it is possible:-)

B-1/2 Quest bar, coffee

L-Turkey & cheese rollup, 1/2 apple with sunbutter

S-Hot tea

D-Ham with creamed corn(skipping that part), broccoflower

E-walk or hike with Emmy

Lalagigi
on 2/6/19 10:04 am
VSG on 10/23/17

QOTD: Oh, definitely glass half empty...I am a worrier.

B: 1 hardboiled egg, 1/2 container plain cottage cheese, everything but the bagel seasoning

S: PP drink with cold brew coffee

L: Mahi burger with salad

S: 1/2 container plain cottage cheese with tsp of orange marmalade

D: Tuna steak with 1/2 cup cauliflower gnocchi (w/parmesan, garlic, olive oil)

AnnieG522
on 2/6/19 2:50 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

I hear you -- I tend to "ruminate" over things... but honestly, I have a good life and any serious disasters resolved, usually sooner and better than I thought :)

Kays
on 2/6/19 6:52 pm
VSG on 12/18/17

Hello all- Today was busy like usual. Generally it's busy after work- my daughter has activities almost everyday of the week! I love when we have downtime but, I also love to keep her busy. It's good to help her burn extra energy.

QOTD: I am a half full kinda of person. I try to always remember " things could be worse". So many times I could feel as though what I'm going thru is the end of the world- it's not. God granted I'll wake up to live another day and start again. A new day to be stronger, do better, strive harder, be less angry, love more, be brave........

M1: egg,bacon and cheese

M2:roast beef and provolone roll ups

M3: oven baked chicken breast w cheesy spaghetti squash

S:cheese whips

Looking at this makes me think I should probably re-evaluate how much cheese I'm eating!

Most Active