Do you do Keto?

Kathy S.
on 2/12/19 9:03 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Hi Members,

I have seen where some of you are eating Keto. If you have been eating Keto and lost on it, let me know. Looking to drop a few pounds before summer and would like to try this.

Thanks,

Kathy

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

summer24
on 3/6/19 11:01 am, edited 3/6/19 3:02 am

Yes, I do Keto :)

Since my VSG, I pretty much had avoided refined carbs, carby veggies, and sugar. My rule was, if it's white, I don't eat it. I mean, we are living life and if I had a party or a wedding or just celebrating Valentine's, I would indulge, but my daily life did not allow for these things. Over the last couple of years, some bad habits had snuck back in, and I had gained 5-7 lbs, depending on what day of the week it was(Monday weigh ins are always the worst).

In January I had hit an all time high of 7-8 lbs, never going down to that 5 lb limit. I couldn't get my head into it, so I read "the Complete Book of Fasting" by Dr. Fung, and that helped me get the ball rolling. I do intermittent fasting and cut out all carbs and sugar. As of today, I've lost 11 lbs, which brings me back to my low post surgery weight.

It's hard to get going, but just stick to it for 3 days, and it gets so much easier! You can do it!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views