WATCHA EATING TODAY, VSGers? Saturday, 23 Feb 2019

AnnieG522
on 2/23/19 8:44 am
VSG on 10/05/17

9th straight day of rain here. The guys who are taking out 5 trees and stump grinding came anyway, so the backyard will be a bog by the time its over. Feel bad they are working in rain and 40 degrees, but they are young!

QOTD: Easter memories? My most intense is the "annual Toni Home Permanent" marathon my aunts and mom did -- all the female cousins/sisters and aunts all in one day. Talk about stink to high heaven. And my hair, oh my awful hair. First, I have naturally curly hair. Second, my hair was black when I was young, and the tight curls looked like a black sheep skin on my head. THEN my mother insisted every year I have a pink gingham dress with white rick rack for easter - a different pattern dress, but always that fabric. And white gloves, a weird purse, patent leather shoes with white anklets.

Please understand - I was a tomboy. It was one of the worst tortures of my young life. On the upside, my dad hid easter eggs outside while we were at church and that was fun. And later, sunrise services with my teenage friends as I got older was nice (and you could wear jeans and a jacket).

FOOD -- I am struggling with wanting carbs that are not best choice, and trying to "repent"

B: Premier protein shake with coffee, 1 slice crispy bacon

S: Dry roasted nuts

L: Salad with ham, low fat cheese and 4 croutons (:()

S: Chobani yogurt

D: Homemade Hungarian Goulash with lean pork loin, no noodles

What I want is ... I don't know. I think the rain makes me want to eat...

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Kristi T.
on 2/23/19 9:42 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Good morning!

I love your Home Perm story Annie! My mom gave me one every year until I was old enough to protest. I believe it was Ogilvie brand. Yes, the smell was horrible and the results were just as awful. I hated it:-)

Not much on the agenda today. Snowing right now, so shoveling and staying ahead of it will be the plan.

QOTD-I have pictures of being dressed up for Easter, a new dress and bonnet, but I don't remember the actual day. I do remember looking for Easter treats my mom would hide around the house.

B-1/3 cup granola, lots of coffee

L-Eggs again, probably scrambled with cheese

S-Hot tea

D-tbd

E-walk/hike with Emmy

Have a wonderful Saturday!

Pure_Prairie
on 2/23/19 5:52 pm
VSG on 01/10/19

Today we saw the sun for the first time in about a week & a half!

We had a busy day with another new haircut, will try & share a picture tomorrow. Meat was on sale at a local store & son wanted to cook Julia Child's Beef Burgundy, it was REALLY good. Since the sun was out we hid rocks. I admin a local group that paints kindness rocks and hides them for others to find.

QOTD- My mom made me a new dress every year, it was the highlight of Easter. One year she made matching suits for my brother & dad as well, our whole family matched. Apparently they weren't a hit, they never got suits again.

Oh home perms! I had board straight hair and my mom did mine at least once a year, it DID stink SO bad Annie, and the tight rollers that kept you from blinking. It would fry my baby fine hair & I would look like the lead singer from REO Speedwagon: Kevin Cronin. If she didn't have time for a perm...she would hot roller it. Oh the horror! Once I was old enough I swore I would NEVER get another perm, and I haven't!

B-1Blueberry Belvita biscuit

L-Leftover Taco Salad

S-Pork rinds

D-beef burgundy

E-1 mile walk in my shortest time ever! I blame the sunshine

HW: 183 Pre-Op: 171 Post WLS Month 1: 149 Month 2: 141 Month 3: 133

Surgeon's goal: 128 My Goal: 118

Most Active