About to get real

memfis_stefie
on 3/7/19 12:39 am
VBG on 01/01/19

So I had my surgery 3/5 and all went fine. He told my mom that it was less than an hour to do it which I don't know how I feel about that lol But anyways, now I have all this trapped gas and I have no doubts it's from the pain meds they have me and I've been walking like crazy to get it out. Is there anything else I can do to help things along like some prune juice (diluted I'm sure) or some miralax? I just don't want to mess up anything. Sorry for the TMI but this stuff hurts like a mother and then when the feeling hits I feel nauseous I want to throw up which I just try to breath through and swallow and try to relax. Any thoughts or suggestions are needed and welcome!

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/7/19 10:16 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Some people take gas-X to help with the gas, maybe that would help.

Are you getting enough fluids in? Dehydration can cause nausea, and quickly become serious. Keep a water bottle with you and make sure you're constantly sipping. If you're having trouble, try different temperatures of water, or you can try things like tea, crystal light, or lemon slices in your water.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

memfis_stefie
on 3/7/19 10:48 am
VBG on 01/01/19

Yes I'm trying to always be sipping on something. I def don't want to dehydrate. I'll try the gas-x. I just didn't know if that's ok. I'll get these sharp pains on my right side that tends to swell up (which I'm assuming is gas) and that's when I'll try to breath through it or else I'll feel like I'll throw up.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 3/7/19 11:22 am
RNY on 08/05/19

If in doubt, call your surgeon's office! You should be able to talk to a nurse over the phone, they're used to answering these kinds of questions :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views