I have a date.

Cherokeeprez
on 3/10/19 12:14 pm

My final nutrition appointment was o the 6th...they called me the next day to say I was approved for surgery. That was a surprise, I was expecting about two weeks for approval not the next day.

I start my liquid diet tomorrow the 11th and surgery is on the 18th. I am excited. It seems like this whole process went quick.

Does anyone have tips on getting through the liquid week and what to take to the hospital for am over night stay?

Kristi T.
on 3/11/19 9:48 am - MT
VSG on 02/09/16

Congratulations on your surgery date! The best advice I can give during the liquid diet is to stay busy. I actually taught myself to crochet during this phase. The first 3 days are the hardest in my opinion, after that is was easier to keep going.

I took too much to the hospital, all I really needed was Chapstick, phone charger, comfy clothes to change into for the ride home and my own slippers. They provided the rest.

Best wishes to you and keep coming back to OH, it is such an amazing place for support and information.

AnnieG522
on 3/11/19 11:59 pm
VSG on 10/05/17

Wow, you are getting close.

I did have the sugar withdrawal headache the first 3 days -- after that it was easy. I really wasn't hungry with all the protein.

The first week -- just keep water near you and sip sip sip. And my doctor said the protein shakes counted as part of my water, so that helped me get both the protein and water.

Overnight? Chapstick for sure. Your change of clothes to go home in -- something comfortable obviously. I wouldn't take anything I couldn't wash to de-germ from being in the hospital.

I took my kindle, but really didn't read - I walked, dozed, and generally felt pretty good.

HW: 240 lbs CW: 205 lbs: SW: 199 lbs GW: 130 lbs
1 MO = 167.0 2 MO = 156.4 3 MO = 148.4 4 MO = 140.6
5 MO = 136.0 6 MO = 130.0 (GOAL) 20 MO = 133
"At the evening of our life, we shall be judged by our love."

Kathy S.
on 3/12/19 8:08 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

WOOHOO! We are doing the Happy Dance!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question